PRE-RACE PACKET PICKUP FRIDAY, May 6th at Irish Eyes Pub & Restaurant; 213 Anglers Road, Lewes, DE 19958 from 5:00pm - 7:00pm.
NAME: 13th Seashore Classic 1/2 Marathon, 2-person Relay & 5k
RACE TIME: 8 am start
RACE LOCATION: Irish Eyes Pub & Restaurant; 213 Anglers Road, Lewes, DE 19958
TO BENEFIT: Local Charities
SPONSOR/HOST: Irish Eyes Pub & Restaurant; 213 Anglers Road, Lewes, DE 19958
PRODUCED BY: Seashore Strider Event Production Inc.
RACE ENTRY FEE:
½ Mar.-$50 through Sun 5/1 at midnight & $60 through Friday, May 6th at 7 pm when packet pick-up ends.
½ Mar. Relay-$35 (per person) through Sun 5/1 at midnight & $40 through Friday, May 6th at 7 pm when packet pick-up ends.
5k Run/Walk- $30 through Sun 5/1 at midnight & $35 through Friday, May 6th at 7 pm when packet pick-up ends.
Make Checks Payable to: “Seashore Striders”
If using Universal or Entry Form...Mail entry form/payment to: Seashore Classic; P.O. Box 99; Nassau, DE 19969
RACE COURSE: Beautiful out & back course through Cape Henlopen State Park to Gordon's Pond & back.
- COURSE ETIQUETTE
- ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO RUN ON THE COURSE THAT IS MARKED WITH ARROWS AND CONES.
- PLEASE STAY ON THE ROAD WHERE IT IS MARKED AND POLICE ARE STATIONED
- DO NOT RACE ON THE SIDEWALK, RUN THROUGH PRIVATE PROPERTY, OR RUN ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE ROAD. IN MOST CASES YOU SHOULD BE RACING WITH TRAFFIC. (FOR EXAMPLE, IF THE COURSE IS MARKED WITH ARROWS & CONES SO RUNNERS ARE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF WILMINGTON AND CHRISTIAN STREETS, THEN NO RUNNER SHOULD BE ON THE LEFT SIDE FACING TRAFFIC). ALSO, WHEN THE RACE IS DIRECTED AROUND A CONE OR CONES, FAILURE TO DO SO COULD RESULT IN CUTTING THE COURSE.
- FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE RACE INSTRUCTIONS COULD RESULT IN A DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE EVENT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION IN THIS MATTER. RACE DIRECTOR TIM-SS
SEASHORE STRIDER GUIDELINES: THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT ALLOWED IN A SEASHORE STRIDER EVENT...THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL PARTICIPANTS...RD TIM-SS
- BIKES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE ON THE COURSE RIDING ALONG/PACING ANY REGISTERED RUNNER
- BANDITS (NON REGISTERED) RUNNERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE IN THE RACE RUNNING ALONG/PACING ANY REGISTERED RUNNER
- HEADPHONES/EAR PODS ARE DISCOURAGED WEARING IN BOTH EARS DUE TO SAFETY OF HEARING TRAFFIC
- THIS IS A TOUGH RULE TO ENFORCE AS 85% OF RUNNERS IN RACES LISTEN TO MUSIC AND THE RRCA RECOGNIZED THAT AND MOVED THE ENFORCEMENT FROM A DISQUALIFICATION TO MAKING IT THE RACE DIRECTORS DECISION. MOST RACE DIRECTORS IN THE COUNTRY EITHER IGNORE THE ISSUE OR TRY TO WORK WITH THE RUNNERS. MY STAND AS A RACE DIRECTOR IS TO ASK YOU TO NOT WEAR THEM AND IF YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST THEN ONLY WEAR THEM IN ONE EAR AND AT A LOW VOLUME LEVEL.
RACE TIMING: Seashore Strider Event Production will chip time the event using the Chronotrack chip timing system.
RACE AMENITIES: Long sleeve Race shirts and refreshments at Irish Eyes, FINISHER Medals to all runners in the 1/2 Marathon.
· ½ Marathon individual...Open division (male/female)
· 5K run/walk
· ½ Marathon Relay Teams (note: each relay member must register individually)
2 Male, 2 Female, Co-Ed
Relay...1st runner will begin with the open ½ marathon
Relay... 2nd runner will meet at the half way point at Gordons Pond in Rehoboth Beach. The relay legs are approx. 6-6.5 each
Relay transportation is the participants responsibility. Car pooling is the best option.
PARKING: Plenty of parking in the following locations:
- Lewes Beach located just 1/2 mile from the start/finish
- Georgia Beach located just 3/4 mile from the start/finish
- Behind the Beacon Motel located at the start/finish
- No Parking at Irish Eyes
AWARDS: Custom awards will be presented to the Overall, Master, and the top three finishers in the following age groups for each event:
5k...9 & U, 10-13, 14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
1/2m...19 & U, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
Relay...Top 5 teams in the Male, Female, Co-Ed Divisions
Awards that are not picked up at the race can also will be available to be picked up during the week locally as well. Contact email@example.com to arrange a pickup if you miss the awards ceremony. Seashore Striders will mail "Out of Town" awards by receiving a check for $10 to cover postage.
ENTRY INFO: Make checks payable to “Seashore Striders”
RACE DIRECTOR: Tim Bamforth, Seashore Striders/Seashore Strider Event Production, Inc.
Bracket/Division Details & Fees:
5k RunFlat & Fast Out & Back CourseActivity Starts: 6/4/2022 08:00 - Activity Ends: 6/4/2022 11:00Registration opens : 4/6/2022 10:30Activity type: Running raceRequires Date of BirthRequires phone numberGiveaway(s): Long Sleeve T-Shirt
1/2 MarathonFlat & Fast Out & Back CourseActivity Starts: 6/4/2022 08:00 - Activity Ends: 6/4/2022 11:00Registration opens : 4/6/2022 10:30Activity type: Running onlyRequires Date of BirthRequires phone numberGiveaway(s): Long Sleeve T-Shirt
1/2 Marathon RelayActivity Starts: 6/4/2022 08:00 - Activity Ends: 6/4/2022 11:00Registration opens : 4/6/2022 10:30Activity type: Running onlyRequires Date of BirthRequires phone numberGiveaway(s): Long Sleeve T-Shirt