WELCOME TO THE RUN WITH SANTA 5K RACE INFORMATION
Join the Seashore Striders for this Christmas traditional 5k. Join the Striders at Cape Henlopen State Park on Saturday, December 11th at 10 am for a fun 5k . Run or walk with the Striders and take part in the traditional 5k Run at beautiful Cape Henlopen. Rain Date is Sunday, December 12th at 10 am.
NAME: 16th annual RUN WITH SANTA 5K at Cape Henlopen State Park
RACE TIME: 10 am start
RACE LOCATION: Beach One/Bathhouse North side next to the bird watch area. Follow Race Signs once inside the park.
TO BENEFIT: TOYS FOR TOTS...raising funds for T0YS4TOTS as the Striders purchase kids bikes in parnership with Apple Electric. Over the past 10 years over $15,000 has been spent through the proceeds of the Seawitch/Great Pumpkin & Pumkin Pie events to make kids smile on Christmas morning!
SPONSOR/HOST: Cape Henlopen State Park, Lewes, DE
PRODUCED BY: Seashore Strider Event Production Inc.
RACE ENTRY FEE:
- 5k Run/Walk... ---> $25 each...$30 ON RACE DAY
- 5k Run/Walk-
- If using Universal or Entry Form...Mail entry form/payment by Tuesday to: Run with Santa 5k; P.O. Box 99; Nassau, DE 19969
- Make Checks Payable to: “Seashore Striders”
RACE COURSE: Beautiful course through Cape Henlopen State Park
RACE TIMING: Seashore Strider Event Production will chip time the event using the Chronotrack chip timing system.
RACE AMENITIES: Long Sleeve T-Shirts, a beautiful course, canned food drive
- RACE NOTE...T-SHIRTS WILL BE ORDERED AT 12 NOON ON TUESDAY RACE WEEK....ANY REGISTRATION RECEIVED AFTER THIS DATE ARE FIRST COME
SELF CHECK FOR SYMPTOMS
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. Runners with any of these symptoms may have COVID-19 and SHOULD NOT attend this event:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
STATE PARK ENTRANCE FEES. . Please be aware that State Park entrance fees may be in effect as you enter so if you are local, please drive the car with a pass. This has nothing to do with the race- if you enter the park you may be subject to a fee so be ready.
PARKING: Plenty of parking in the Beach One/Bathhouse parking lot of Cape Henlopen State Park.
AWARDS: Custom awards will be presented to the Overall, Master, and the top three finishers in the following 10 age groups for each event:
- 5k...9 & U, 10-13, 14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
ENTRY INFO: Make checks payable to “Seashore Striders” if using the paper race application online at www.seashorestriders.com
RACE DIRECTOR: Tim Bamforth, Seashore Striders/Seashore Strider Event Production, Inc.
· WATER STOPS. THERE WILL BE 1 WATER STOP ON THE COURSE IN FT MILES AND 1 AT THE START AND FINISH AREA. THE WATER STOPS ARE A SELF SERVE NO CONTACT STOPS AND VOLUNTEERS WILL PLACE 8 OZ BOTTLES ON THE TABLE 1 FT APART AND RUNNERS WILL TAKE THE WATER ON THEIR OWN.
· PACKET PICKUP- RACE MORNING BEGINNING AT 9 AM
· RACE-DAY REGISTRATION- BEGINNING AT 9 AM
Bracket/Division Details & Fees:
5k Run/WalkActivity Starts: 12/11/2021 10:00 - Activity Ends: 12/11/2021 12:00Registration opens : 11/30/2021 00:00Activity type: Running raceRequires Date of BirthRequires phone numberGiveaway(s): Long Sleeve Cotton T-Shirt