Start date: 08/07/2021
JOIN US FOR OUR 17th ANNUAL WALK & RUN — VIRTUAL EDITION!
Please join us on Saturday, August 7th for our second VIRTUAL event as we “race in place” together again…but apart.
This VIRTUAL event will kick-off at 8:00am and allows supporters to participate on their own time, in their own place, at their own pace.
This also means we will not be "gathering" at an actual event location in Gladstone or having a pancake breakfast, but we hope the on line camaraderie will bridge that gap. You can start at any time you want and on any day you want between August 7th and August 14th. Race Results can be entered through Saturday, August 14th. If walking or running is not an option for you this year, please consider a donation in place of your registration fee.
The SHOC Walk & Run is an opportunity for families, survivors, supporters, and businesses from surrounding communities to come together for a common cause. Encourage your friends and family to join you from their own location. Let's celebrate the women who are fighting this disease. Let’s remember those who fought fiercely. And let’s stay healthy and safe while doing it.
Get festive and share your photos and stories at email@example.com or post on social (@shocfoundation #shocwalk). Registered participants will receive a commemorative event t-shirt by mail after the event!
Online Registration closes on Friday, August 6th at 6:00pm PDT. There will be no Day Of event registration.
Friday, August 6, 2021
6:00pm PDT Event Registration Closes (Day Of event registration not available)
Saturday, August 7, 2021
8:00am PDT Kick-Off for 5K/10K Walk or Run and 1-Mile Family Fun Walk
Saturday, August 14, 2021
11:59pm PDT Deadline for Race Results to be entered
"Race in Place"
Choose your own beautiful course—through the park, along the water, your favorite trail in the woods—or stay inside and hit the treadmill!
VIRTUAL RACE INSTRUCTIONS
1. With this VIRTUAL EVENT, you will be sent a PDF with your printable bib number prior to the event kick off.
2. When the race officially kicks off at 8:00am on Saturday, August 7th, you’ll receive a text message and email welcoming you to the race.
3. After you complete your race, results can be entered up until Saturday, August 14th.
4. Submission of your race results can be done via text message or web form.
5. When submitting your results, you’ll have the option to include photos and a GPS record of your activity—
this will show your race results and display a verified checkmark next to your race results.
6. Results will be ranked online in the following categories: overall, gender, and age group.