The Syracuse Parks Conservancy joins the Syracuse Parks Department to bring you Syrathon 2022! SYRATHON brings together 8 established road races, all based in the City of Syracuse and spaced throughout the calendar year, into this unique road race series! Syrathon’s eight race routes showcase Syracuse’s incredible and historic parks systems as participants journey through a number of wonderful city neighborhoods. Since 2009, the Series has encouraged, for both beginners and seasoned runners, healthful physical activity year-round, while promoting the sights and sounds of city life! In 2020 and 2021, Syrathon adapted to the challenges of Covid-19 with both virtual and in-person races, but in 2022, we are excited to return to our traditional Series with a full schedule of races!
The Syrathon Series Challenge again will challenge registered participants to accumulate at least 26.2 race miles over the course of the Series. Those who meet the challenge are known as Syrathoners, and will have earned the coveted Syrathon Medal! All registered participants receive a cool race shirt! And, there will be race day raffles for more great prizes!
List of Races:
Tipp Hill Shamrock Run (March 5)
Step Up 4 Kids Run (April 24)
Paige’s Butterfly 5K Run (June 4)
Valley Nature 4 Mile Run (August 20)
Strathmore Parks 4 Mile Run (September 25)
Inner Harbor 5K (October 2)
Eastwood 5 Mile Run (October 16)
Free Bonus Fun Runs! During the Summer, you are welcome to log bonus miles at one or both of the Syrathon Bonus Fun Run events.
1) Wednesday June 22 on the Creekwalk (Inner Harbor); Check in between 4:30pm - 6:30pm
2) Saturday July 23 in Higher Onondaga Park; Check in at the Firebarn between 9am and 11am
* Race dates and formats are subject to change, based on current conditions.
To Participate in Syrathon 2022 and the Syrathon Challenge:
1. Register on this site (runsignup) for the Syrathon Series Challenge by May 2.
2. Visit the registration webpage for each of the individual races (listed above) that you choose to run; and complete their registration process
3. For all of the series races in which you are registered, complete the race miles according to the format of each race. Note that some races continue to offer a virtual option as an alternative to in-person!
4. Your completed race miles will be credited based on finisher lists provided by each race and/or the timing company. If you notice that some race miles weren't credited, please send an e-mail to the Syrathon coordinator (below). Visit the Syrathon webpage at www.syracuseparksconservancy.org for updated mileage charts
Please contact Chris Abbott (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Syracuse Parks and Recreation regarding mileage reporting and further 2022 Syrathon questions.
The 2022 Syrathon is a project of the Syracuse Parks Conservancy, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization whose mission is ensuring that all Syracuse parks, public lands and the habitats therein are sustainably protected, restored, enhanced and developed for the educational, recreational and wellness uses of our citizens and guests. Your Syrathon registration and added donations support the Conservancy's efforts throughout the city, throughout the year. Please see the donation page for more information on the Conservancy. We thank you for your support!
Note: Registration for the Syrathon Series Challenge does not include individual race registrations. Please visit the individual race pages to register for your chosen series races.
Bracket/Division Details & Fees:
Syrathon ChallengeActivity Starts: 11/1/2022 00:00 - Activity Ends:Registration opens : 11/28/2021 00:01Activity type: OtherRequires Date of BirthRequires phone numberGiveaway(s): T-Shirt