The YWCA GF and Women's Expo are excited to join forces this year to present the 2021 YWCA Rankin Run! Races include 10K, 5K, and 1 Mile.
Jeannette Rankin, an inspirational and iconic woman from Montana, became the first woman ever to be elected to the United States Congress. Rankin was a passionate women's rights activist, introducing legislation that became the 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, granting unrestricted voting rights to women nationwide! She championed a multitude of diverse women's and civil rights throughout her lifetime.
The YWCA Rankin Run is a family-friendly event open to the public. All levels of runners and walkers are welcome. The race is set against the scenic backdrop of Gibson Park, Elk's Riverside Park, and the River's Edge Trail along the scenic Missouri River in beautiful Great Falls, Montana, a highlight of the historical Lewis and Clark Trail.
Online registration is open until 9:30 am on the morning of race day.
In-person registration will be available at two times and places, as follows:
- The YWCA GF at 220 2nd Street North between 9 AM and 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Race Day Headquarters at Gibson Park (to the right of the duck pond at the North end of the park closest to 8th Ave N.), 8:30 am - 9:30 am on October 2nd (race day).
Race Day Headquarters Location: Gibson Park, Great Falls, MT (to the right of the duck pond at the North end of the park closest to 8th Ave. N.) This is where all of our races will start and end this year.
Start times are as follows:
- 10k starts at 10 am
- 5k staggered start at 10:15 am
- 1 Mile starts at 10:30 am
This event will take place no matter the weather, so dress appropriately. Please leave pets, bicycles, skates, and skateboards at home.
*Race Fee includes a T-shirt from locally-owned, Universal Athletic, with this year's 2021 YWCA Rankin Run graphic design! Size preferences for adults and juniors are only available with registration until 12 pm on September 24th. After that time, we cannot guarantee your t-shirt will be ready for pick up by race day. We will provide a limited number of t-shirts and sizes available on race day on a first-come/first-serve basis.
*All proceeds benefit the Great Falls YWCA, including the Great Falls Mercy Home, the only domestic violence shelter for women and their children serving seven counties in North Central Montana. The mission of the YWCA is "Eliminating Racism and Empowering Women!"
Grade School Students $10
High School/College Students $15
Family of 4: $50.00
Group of 5 or more Adults $20.00 each
Late Registration (On race day, Oct. 12, 2019): $5.00 PER ADULT
Race packets, including t-shirts and goodies, will be available for pickup at two locations:
- Location 1: Where/When: Women's Expo at the Montana Expo Park: 3 pm-5:00 pm Friday, Oct. 1st. This is the day before the race.
- Location 2: Where/When: Race Day Headquarters at Gibson Park (to the right of the duck pond at the North end of the park closest to 8th Ave. N.): 8:30 am-9:30 am, Oct 2nd. This is on race day.
Also provided at Race Day Headquarters on the day of the race:
- Competitive Timing will be timing the race. This is a professional company out of Montana that uses race chip timing technology.
- Instant results at the finish line including a large display
- Results accessible online
- Snacks (fruit, peanut butter, bagels, etc.)
- Chocolate milk and water
- Restrooms available at the start/finish line and along the race route
- Race day radio coverage sponsored by Cherry Creek Radio of Central Montana
- Special guest and well-known radio host, Tamie Toren, will be a guest speaker and Master of Ceremonies at the Awards Ceremony at 3 PM at the Women's Expo. Fun awards for first, second, and third place - and overall awards for Best Orange, Best Rankin, and Most Generations!
- Fun photo opportunities at Race Day Headquarters for groups and individuals
- Learn about the new Women's Expo, with vendors from all over Montana.
- Learn about the Great Falls YWCA, including:
- The mission of the YWCA, "Eliminating Racism, Empowering Women" and what the Great Falls YWCA is doing to support that mission.
- The Great Falls Mercy Home, a domestic violence shelter for women and their children, fun classes, opportunities, and other programming.
- New renovations at the YWCA, and the Y's Buys Thrift Store, including beautiful spaces to rent for events at affordable prices.
- Learn about other Great Falls YWCA annual events, such as Empty Bowls and the Salute to Women Gala.
- Learn how to get involved.
Bracket/Division Details & Fees:
Activity Starts: - Activity Ends:Registration opens :Activity type:Requires Date of BirthRequires phone numberGiveaway(s): T-Shirt with 2021 Rankin Run Graphic (not guaranteed after 10/4)