Friendship Circle, Waterfront Park, Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon, United States

Start Date

07/20/2022

Activity tags attached to this sportie.

Activities: Running race, Virtual race, 5K (3.1 Miles)

New year, new race!  The ACS Conference is back to an in-person event and so are we. Who's excited?!  We're excited!  But we are also aware of the fact that COVID is still very much apart of our lives.  With that in mind, and wanting to have this race be as accessible as possible, we are keeping the virtual option alive! For 2022, we are doing an in person and a virtual 5k to accommodate everyone.  Either pick the In-person race if you are attending the ACS Conference or choose virtual, and run with us in spirit. But like every year, we are all in this together!  The in-person race will be held Saturday July 23rd, with a race start time of 8 am.  The virtual race will be held July 20-23rd, and competition is on your terms!  

This year our funds raised from the 5K will go towards our new grant Back in the Vat.  Yes, The Cheeseletes are launching our own grant! This grant will allow American cheese professionals to participate in an all-expenses paid in-person educational experience, up to $2000 each, with partners across the United States. We launch applications in 2023.  The more money we raise, the more in-person opportunities we can sponsor for the growing cheese community!  Our seventh annual 5k will donate 75% of monies towards Back in the Vat Grant and the remaining 25% towards the American Cheese Education Foundation.

Just like every year, we will have the same contests like best kaastume and team spirit, and will be dishing out the prizes. We will also be doing another Custom Ink T-Shirt Campaign, and details on the design are in the works.  

Stay connected via Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on contests, prizes, and much more. Have any questions? Reach out to us on social media or shoot us an email at thecheeseletes@gmail.com

Bracket/Division Details & Fees:

  1. 2022 Cheeseletes In Person 5k

    Activity Starts: 7/23/2022 07:00 - Activity Ends: 7/23/2022 10:00
    Registration opens : 2/1/2022 12:27
    Activity type: Running race
    Requires Date of Birth
    Requires phone number
    Registration Periods:
    • Registration opens : 2/1/2022 12:27
      Registration closes : 6/2/2022 02:59
      Race fee : $25.00
      Processing fee : $2.45
    • Registration opens : 6/2/2022 03:00
      Registration closes : 7/24/2022 02:59
      Race fee : $35.00
      Processing fee : $3.03


  2. 2022 Cheeseletes Virtual 5k

    Activity Starts: 7/20/2022 06:00 - Activity Ends: 7/23/2022 10:00
    Registration opens : 2/1/2022 11:00
    Activity type: Virtual race
    Requires Date of Birth
    Requires phone number
    Giveaway(s): Cheeseletes Sunglasses
    Registration Periods:
    • Registration opens : 2/1/2022 11:00
      Registration closes : 7/23/2022 12:00
      Race fee : $25.00
      Processing fee : $2.45


Subscribe to track & get notified of any updates to this activity (each activity requires a separate subscription/submission).