Start date: 09/23/2023
Please join us for the 49th Annual Seacoast Century on Saturday, September 23, 2023. This Seacoast Century ride is planned with rider and volunteer safety foremost. This will be a ONE-Day event with four distance options.
ON-LINE SIGN UP offers immediate registration for the 2023 Seacoast Century with a choice of four different routes. Registration includes a 2023 Century rider gift, well-stocked rest stops and support vehicles There are limited Waitlists if the ride fills to our rider limit.
Parking – on ride day there is limited free parking, on a first-come basis, at ride headquarters, Hampton Beach State Park South Beach, with several nearby paid options. A parking options map will be made available to registered riders in the weeks before this event.
The Seacoast Century tradition continues with a great ride that helps support bicycle safety and advocacy. Our aim is to provide an outstanding Century event that will bring you back to cycle the New England coast with us again.
- ONE DAY EVENT - Saturday, September 23rd - Start/Finish at Hampton Beach State Park South Pavilion
- Great routes and sights - 25, 50, 65 and 100 mile options to choose from. Along the way you'll have a chance to see historic Portsmouth, State Parks, the Nubble Lighthouse, Piscataqua River, scenic small towns and beachfront communities and great ocean views. All routes start and finish in the same location.
- IN-PERSON CHECK-IN - Rider check-in is on Friday, Sept. 22nd from 4-6pm OR Saturday from 7am-10am. Riders pick up their rider number and materials then. Full Century rider should plan on rolling out by 7AM, all other distance riders can roll out anytime 7AM-10AM (depending on their distance and personal riding pace). All route directions, maps and instructions will be emailed to registered riders during the week before the event.
- OPTIONAL SEACOAST CENTURY CUSTOM RIDE JERSEY - Seacoast Century short sleeve jersey with full front zipper and 3 rear pockets (plus a bonus Sweat Protect™ zipper pocket) available from Ascend GSW Team Store. Cost is $58 plus shipping. Order directly at this link: https://teamstore.ascendsportswear.com/store/seacoast-century/
- NOTE: Deadline for jersey order is August 1st at 11:59pm. Jerseys will be mailed directly to you in time for the Century. Great sizing chart on the website to get the fit you want!
- EBIKE NOTICE - eBikes are welcomed at the Seacoast Century with some caveats:
- Riders acknowledge that electric assisted bicycles may be permitted at the Seacoast Century provided that such bikes are classified as bicycles under applicable state law. If a rider chooses to ride an electric assisted bicycle on the Seacoast Century routes, they must understand that the Seacoast Century may not provide support for an electric assisted bicycle.
- Range - we suggest eBike riders know the range capabilities of their personal bike, especially if they are considering the full Century distance.
- TRANSFER OPTION - You can transfer your Registration if your plans change - If you register and then aren't able to ride, you can transfer your registration to an alternate rider at no cost. You can do this only while online registration (BikeReg) is open. No refunds.
Your hosts, the Granite State Wheelers
Our partners and sponsors include: the Bike Walk Alliance of New Hampshire, New Hampshire State Parks, Maine State Parks, and the Hampton Beach Village District. Our hosting communities are Hampton, Seabrook, North Hampton, New Castle, Rye and Portsmouth in New Hampshire, Salisbury and Newburyport in Massachusetts and Kittery, and York in Maine.
Event Procedure and Safety :
The Granite State Wheelers (GSW) Seacoast Century is our largest ride of the year. The event is limited to 900 riders.
With a flat to rolling scenic route along the coastlines of New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Maine (and a few hills in our 100 mile route), the Seacoast Century Ride has received several national awards. Many riders come back year after year making this event part of their annual vacation plans.
The Seacoast Century is a relaxed family-oriented event that many choose for their first Century or return each year to enjoy with friends.
We expect basic rider courtesy and safety:
- Calling “on your left: when passing other riders and allowing a safe distance to pass.
- We share the road with vehicles and must obey traffic rules and signal our intention to turn, stop or pass.
- We expect riders to travel single file on busy road sections, especially in Rye, where single-file is required and they request groups limit themselves to 5 riders or fewer.
- No long pace lines – this is a ride, not a race.
We want to make great memories traveling along the scenic route that makes this event quite special. Please join the Granite State Wheelers for a memorable Seacoast Century ride!
Riders must follow all rules of the road, ride single file in traffic, not block roadways, and walk across bridges if so directed. Rider numbers and helmets must be worn at all times. Riders will be monitored by the local police departments and volunteer ride marshals to help ensure safe riding practices are followed.
Please help us to make this a safe and enjoyable experience for all. This is a ride, not a race! We work hard to build support with local towns and the states to offer this ride. Riders need to help us by riding safely and with courtesy to other vehicles and pedestrians to continue to offer this century.
We look forward to having you join us.
Your Hosts, the Granite State Wheelers