Join us for the best one-day Boston to Provincetown bicycle ride on the calendar. This is a social ride that requires no fundraising. Even better, it is a weekend happening and a great way to kick off your summer vacation and bicycling season. We are a diverse group of people (mostly gay and lesbian, but all are welcome to the challenge). It is a serious ride, but many who go are also recreational riders who are looking to up their miles. All day long, you will be supported by an outstanding support crew and supplied with all that you need to cross the finish line. Start training, gather your friends and register!
The ride is limited to 150 riders. No registrations accepted after June 6th. Sorry, no refunds.
- All riders and volunteers must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (2 shots of Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Novavax, or Medicago; 1 shot of Johnson and Johnson) by June 1, and must email us a photocopy of their vaccination card.
- Completion of this ride within the last three years, OR completion of a one-day ride of no less than 100 miles (160km) within the six months before the ride.
- You agree to do the proper training to complete this ride and will withdraw or offer to volunteer by June 1st if you have not properly trained, in which case your registration fee will be credited towards next year's ride. There is limited sag support on this ride. Prepare to go the distance to complete the ride prior to sundown (approx. 8:00 p.m.)
- Helmets will be required without exception. We run a safe event. Ride with caution at all times.
- Riders agree to conduct themselves safely and responsibly both on and off the road. Please be considerate of people’s property.
- Riders agree that the Boston to Provincetown ride is a dangerous event due to the inherent risks of cycling. Riders agree that the volunteers who run this event will not in any way be held responsible for injuries or death of a rider or volunteer. By registering for this event and by electronically signing this registration form, you are holding harmless all those associated with the event and waive all rights to hold anyone liable for any incidents on this ride. Unsigned registration forms will be returned.
- Riders agree that there will be no refunds given for any reason, even if this ride is cancelled due to severe weather or other serious situations.
- Ride Start: Cyclorama Building of the Boston Center for the Arts, at the intersection of Tremont and Clarendon Streets. Check in between 6:00 and 6:30 am; there are no bathroom and water facilities at the start.
- During the Ride: Maps are provided and the route is arrowed with our distinctive green triangles. There are 5 checkpoints with refreshments: Halifax, Sandwich, Yarmouth, Wellfleet and Truro.
- Ride Finish: Provincetown.
What You Get:
- All registered riders receive ride day support of 5 checkpoints, luggage (one bag) transportation to Provincetown, a map and a commemorative T-shirt (at the finish).
Additional Ride Contact Information:
- Preride Contact: If you have questions, please ask them by Thursday 6/16, 9pm. Ride organizers are busy organizing the ride - buying supplies, loading trucks, etc - on Friday, 6/17 and are not available to read/answer emails or to take phone calls. Ride emergency phone numbers on maps (including previous years' maps) are for use on ride day only.
- Ride Day Calls: If you call a ride day emergency phone number, please leave a message if the phone is not answered, and/or try another number. Volunteers answering those numbers may be driving at the time, and also may not have a cell phone signal at the time your call is made. When leaving a message, please include your rider number, name and a call back phone number.
Please visit our website, www.outriders.org, for additional information
For information, email us at email@example.com
Ask your friends to volunteer: https://www.bikereg.com/volunteer-36th-annual-outriders-boston-to-provincetown-bike-ride
Join our Facebook group, https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/63355698997/