SEASHORE STRIDER RACE PHILOSOPHY DURING COVID
The Seashore Striders are rolling out their 2022 race events and continue to work with the Delaware Public Health on following the Covid Guidelines for the State of Delaware (currently No LIMIT). We are assuming that, and are hopeful, that these events will continue to be live events. If any of the Seashore Strider events of 2022 are forced to drop to a virtual option, we will continue offering the virtual event and will add the Seashore Strider Covid Safety Plan to this website and follow our Covid Plan.
Additional race information can be found at http://seashorestriders.com
Herring Point inside Cape Henlopen State Park (the southern most section of the park from the Lewes end)
Join the Seashore Striders for one of the oldest 5m races in the area and in the STATE of DELAWARE in it's 40th year. This race was the longtime YMCA 5 miler that changed it's name to the Henlopen 5 miler and then to the current Seashore 5 miler. The 2nd event in the popular Seashore Strider Championship Series, this year's Seashore 5 miler will be held "live". The Seashore 5 miler is the 2nd of two five milers in the series and the two five milers will kick off the series as the opening two events. Due to the heat of the summer we decided to give folks an option of two five milers early in the series and then the host the remaining 5k runs. The Seashore 5 miler is a great event raising money local charities in the Cape Region.
Due to the Coronavirus restrictions, be aware that the "live" option is subject to change.
Herring Point inside Cape Henlopen State Park on the Lewes end.
$35.00 "EARLY BIRD" Race Registration through Sunday, May 29th at midnight
$38.00 "RACE WEEK" Race Registration through Saturday, June 4th at 6 pm
$40.00 "RACE DAY" Race Registration from 6:00 am - 7:30 am on site at Herring Point
2 WAYS TO REGISTER FOR A SEASHORE STRIDER EVENT
- ONLINE REGISTRATION through RUNSIGNUP here at this site."The easiest & most popular way to register for Seashore Strider events.
- MAIL-IN REGISTRATION...form can be downloaded from seashorestriders.com on the Fathers Day race page. Please fill out the form completely & neatly, double checking Age, Gender, Entry Fee Price (some events have different fees) & Event Choice.
- Mail completed paper registration to: Seashore Striders; P.O. Box 99, Nassau, DE. 19969
- Please mail by Monday of Race Week to be guaranteed an event t-shirt/swag.
- Make checks payable to “Seashore Striders”
Local Charities in the Cape Region
Seashore Strider Event Production, Inc.
- The Seashore 5 miler is a flat & fast course through Cape Henlopen State Park on a out & back course.
- Note- The course is beautiful and takes in a few surfaces I wanted to inform you about...hard packed gravel on the Gordon's Pond Trail, pavement on marathon road, and a dirt & gravel mix on the old Clamshell Trail that has been renovated. It is a cool course, but some runners only race on pavement so I just wanted to inform all participants to be fair to all.
- COURSE ETIQUETTE
- ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO RUN ON THE COURSE THAT IS MARKED WITH ARROWS AND CONES.
- PLEASE STAY ON THE ROAD WHERE IT IS MARKED AND POLICE ARE STATIONED
- DO NOT RACE ON THE SIDEWALK, RUN THROUGH PRIVATE PROPERTY, OR RUN ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE ROAD. IN MOST CASES YOU SHOULD BE RACING WITH TRAFFIC. (FOR EXAMPLE, IF THE COURSE IS MARKED WITH ARROWS & CONES SO RUNNERS ARE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF WILMINGTON AND CHRISTIAN STREETS, THEN NO RUNNER SHOULD BE ON THE LEFT SIDE FACING TRAFFIC). ALSO, WHEN THE RACE IS DIRECTED AROUND A CONE OR CONES, FAILURE TO DO SO COULD RESULT IN CUTTING THE COURSE.
- FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE RACE INSTRUCTIONS COULD RESULT IN A DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE EVENT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION IN THIS MATTER. RACE DIRECTOR TIM-SS
- SEASHORE STRIDER COURSE GUIDELINES: THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT ALLOWED IN A SEASHORE STRIDER EVENT...THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL PARTICIPANTS...RD TIM-SS
- BIKES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE ON THE COURSE RIDING ALONG/PACING ANY REGISTERED RUNNER
- BANDITS (NON REGISTERED) RUNNERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE IN THE RACE RUNNING ALONG/PACING ANY REGISTERED RUNNER
- HEADPHONES/EAR PODS ARE DISCOURAGED WEARING IN BOTH EARS DUE TO SAFETY OF HEARING TRAFFIC
- THIS IS A TOUGH RULE TO ENFORCE AS 85% OF RUNNERS IN RACES LISTEN TO MUSIC AND THE RRCA RECOGNIZED THAT AND MOVED THE ENFORCEMENT FROM A DISQUALIFICATION TO MAKING IT THE RACE DIRECTORS DECISION. MOST RACE DIRECTORS IN THE COUNTRY EITHER IGNORE THE ISSUE OR TRY TO WORK WITH THE RUNNERS. MY STAND AS A RACE DIRECTOR IS TO ASK YOU TO NOT WEAR THEM AND IF YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST THEN ONLY WEAR THEM IN ONE EAR AND AT A LOW VOLUME LEVEL.
- Timing will be done by the Seashore Strider Event Production team and will be using the Chronotrack B Chip system.
Finish line produced by “Seashore Strider Event Production, Inc.,” Post-Race awards ceremony within 20 minutes following the final finisher, custom t-shirts, custom awards.
- Awards will be presented to the Overall Male & Female Champions, Overall Male & Female Masters (40+ yrs.), as well as the top three (3) Male & Female finishers in the following age categories: 9 & under, 10-13, 14-19, 20-24, then 5-year age groups through 80+. Awards will be presented within 20 minutes following the final runner crossing the finish.
The Seashore Striders have a "No Refund" policy, however we make every possible attempt to please our client with the following options: 1. Transfer to a future Seashore Strider owned event of equal value before the end of the current year. 2. Donate your entry fee to the charity associated with the event or to the Seashore Strider Youth Running program. 3. Transfer/Defer to the following year at the same event. Thank You for your cooperation & understanding as some situations are beyond the control of the Seashore Striders.
Tim Bamforth, Seashore Striders/Seashore Strider Event Production, Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org
SEASHORE STRIDER STORE
To visit the Seashore Strider store go to www.shopseashorestriders.com
Bracket/Division Details & Fees:
40th Annual Seashore 5 MilerActivity Starts: 6/5/2022 07:30 - Activity Ends: 6/5/2022 09:30Registration opens : 4/16/2022 12:00Activity type: Running raceRequires Date of BirthRequires phone numberGiveaway(s): Short Sleeve Tech T-ShirtRegistration Periods:
Registration opens : 4/16/2022 12:00Registration closes : 5/29/2022 23:59Race fee : $35.00Processing fee : $3.96
Registration opens : 5/30/2022 00:00Registration closes : 6/4/2022 18:00Race fee : $38.00Processing fee : $4.17
Registration opens : 6/5/2022 06:30Registration closes : 6/5/2022 07:30Race fee : $40.00Processing fee : $4.30