Start date: 06/05/2021
About the Event
Race to Recovery is a virtual event that aims to reduce the stigma surrounding addiction and focus on the health and well being of individuals and families affected by substance use disorder.
For almost 60 years, Ascensa Health has helped individuals and families recover from addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders. Together we can recover, rebuild, and restore lives from addiction!
Virtual Race to Recovery
Create a team and track your distance over the race week. You can run, walk or skip if you like! This virtual event will allow you and your friends to stack your miles and your fundraising efforts.
This virtual event can be completed anywhere - your neighborhood, your favorite local running track or trail - the possibilities are endless! If you are local to Atlanta, here are some suggestions for race locations:
Why Support Ascensa Health?
The need is greater than ever to provide access to treatment for addiction and co-occurring mental health. Your registration fee will support someone's access to treatment.
Did you know:
- Over 21 million people in America have a substance use disorder
- Less than 20% of people who need treatment for addiction are able to access it
- The number of overdose deaths in 2020 exceeded 81,000- the highest number of overdose deaths ever recorded in a 12-month period
- People with addiction are more likely to experience homelessness
- People with addiction often have one or more associated serious health issues