Come run through this beautiful wooded area with rolling hills, exciting gullies and the occasional creek crossing. You will be prancing along in a canopied forest that often parallels the serene Caesar Creek Lake with few companions save for magical woodland creatures.
- Part of the No Way 200k Series
- This is a TRAIL SISTERS APPROVED race
Register ASAP to guarantee your spot. Race is capped at 100 runners.
WHERE: Start/Finish Line is at Caesar Creek State Park Campground, 9000 Center Rd, Wilmington, OH 45177. Campground Lot.
PARKING: Caesar Creek State Park Campground, 9000 Center Rd, Wilmington, OH 45177. Campground Lot.
WHEN: Race Starts Oct 29 @ 8 AM.
PACKET PICKUP: On race morning @ 6:30 AM
- Race will start/finish at Campground Parking Area
- Runners will start from the Campground and head south down a ~0.75 mile of paved section until you reach the trailhead
- Turn left at the trailhead to follow the South section of the Campground Loop.
- Turn left at the bi-directional Turkey Run Trail and continue to follow the Turkey Run Trail to the Ward Loop (Do not take the Turkey Run connector trail)
- Turn right to follow the West section of Ward Loop (~3.5 miles)
- The first unmanned Aid Station (water only) will be ~4 miles in at the end of Ward Road.
- Continue to follow the West section of the Ward Trail until reaching the creek
- Turn right, cross the creek, and head up the hill, bearing right to the North section of Harveysburg Loop. (~6.25 miles)
- Continue to follow the Harveysburg Loop along the lakefront
- Turn right to follow the trail up to the Harveysburg MTB trailhead and the Aid Station at the top of the hill (~8.75 miles)
o You MUST check in at the aid station with the volunteer team
- From the Aid Station, follow the trail back down the hill and turn right.
- Continue to bear right along the South section of the Harveysburg Loop.
- Runners will descend and cross the river to enter the East section of the Ward Loop (~10.5 miles)
- Continue to bear to the right along the Ward Loop until you reach the road.
- Turn left onto Ward Road – there will be an unmanned Aid Station (water only) ~11 miles.
- Follow the road ~0.75 mile to the trail intersection on the right.
- Bear right to enter the bi-directional Turkey Run Section.
- Turn right onto the East section of the Campground Loop (~14 miles)
- The campground loop will bring you back to the start/finish line
Total loop distance ~15.5 mi (GPS can be spotty in places, so your device final mileage may vary between 15.2 to 16 miles)
-- 25K runners will run the loop once
-- 50K runners will run the loop twice
GPX File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vbIy1PcKw5kdk78b8N8sVljw5j0Nq4Dc/view?usp=sharing
Trail Run Project: https://www.trailrunproject.com/trail/7107104/2022-orrrc-broken-toe-course
EARLY START: You may start early at 7am if you are concerned about the time limit. Check in at the Campground Registration table race morning at 7:00 am. Early Starters are not eligible for Overall Winner Awards, but will still be included in the prize drawing.
CUTOFF: 9.5 hours. 50k runners must start the 2nd loop by 1pm. Runners past that mark will not be permitted to continue.
AID STATIONS: There will be 4 aid stations - 2 manned, 2 unmanned. Manned aid stations (0 miles & 9 miles) will have a variety of snacks, Tailwind, water, hand sanitizers, menstrual products & Porta-potties. 2 unmanned aid stations (4.5 miles & 11 miles) will only have water. THIS IS A CUPLESS RACE. There will be no cups at any aid stations.
DROP BAGS: Drop bags can be left at the start line/finish line for 50K participants
AWARDS: Awesome awards & Runners Plus gift cards for 1st Male and 1st Female in both 50K and 25K. All finishers will receive a swell Finisher's gift, Broken Toe beanie and an Air Force hat. All participants stand a chance to win some sweet door prizes that include a Air Force Marathon entry for 2023, Noxgear Tracer 2, Noxgear Lamp, FOUR Nathan Sports 4L Hydration Vests, 8 Nathan Sports 12 oz Insulated Handheld bottle, Tailwind, Runners Plus gift cards and goodies from Nathan Sports & Altra. More to come!
RACE DIRECTORS: Jennifer Summers & Brian Furderer
VOLUNTEERS: Meet some new friends and have a great time while making a valuable contribution to the local running community by volunteering at this event. If you would like to help, please contact the race directors (below), and we’ll be sure to find a job for you! Volunteers are the BEST PEOPLE on earth!
Volunteer Signup Link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0E4EADA828A4FD0-broken
Facebook Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1504173516708469/