Start date: 09/10/2023
The COVAC 2023 is a fun but challenging ride offering four routes: 100, 75, 50 or 25 miles.
The rides are relatively flat and follow rolling terrain on the West bank of the Connecticut River to Brattleboro, VT, crossing into New Hampshire and returning following the East bank of the Connecticut River through picturesque farmland and passing a waterfall before heading back to Hatfield.
The Connecticut Valley Century (COVAC) Benefit Bike Ride is hosted by The Rotary Club of Amherst as a fundraising event. This is an all-volunteer event. All net proceeds of this event go to benefit the Rotary Club of Amherst Good Works Fund. The Good Works Fund supports local charities and scholarships for students in our community. Proceeds from this event also support our Major Grant Award where the Rotary Club of Amherst awards a $25,000 grant to an area non-profit. In the first three years our club has awarded grants to the Crocker Farm School playground; kitchen equipment for the Amherst Survival Center, Amherst Media and radio equipment to NE Public Radio (WFCR). Our club also supports Rotary International initiatives such as eradicating polio, literacy projects and providing potable drinking water worldwide
$40.00 prior to August 25, 2023 (T-shirts to all pre-registered by this date)
$45.00 August 26 -September 7, 2023
$50.00 day of ride
Your registration fee includes: Supported SAG stops and snacks, an after-ride Baked Potato with all the fixings and a beverage. Beer provided by Four Seasons Wine and Liquor of Hadley.
This event will be held Rain or Shine. No Rain Date. Sorry, No Refunds.
IMPORTANT NOTE: ALL RIDERS MUST WEAR HELMETS AND OBEY ALL TRAFFIC REGULATIONS.
Registration/Check in: You may arrive during the times listed and start your ride when you are ready.
There are no mass starts:
- 100 mile and 75 mile - 7:00am - 8:00am
- 50 mile - 8:00am - 9:00am
- 25 mile - 8:30am - 9:00am
Additional Donations: As a cyclist you can spend a day doing something you love and help us meet our fundraising goal. There are two ways you can help:
- Make a one time donation here on your registration form.
- Collect donations from folks willing to sponsor your ride. Visit our website to download a Pledge form. You can encourage your coworkers; friends and family to make a donation to your ride that will in turn support numerous worthwhile charities. As an added incentive, every rider who raises $100 or more will get a special ride sweatshirt in addition to their registration t-shirt. Fundraising is completely voluntary and not a requirement for entering the ride and enjoying the day. Help us reach our fundraising goal!
The Rotary Club of Amherst Good Works Fund is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All Donations are tax deductible.