Running IS a team sport and the Cross Country Team Challenge allows you and four of your friends to experience it all together. This event resembles a high school style cross country meet, using standard scoring and a 5K course. This is a team event, with 5 to 7 people per team. If you don't have a team or enough people to make a full team, let us know and we will help you put a team together.
This year we try out a new course & venue at Richmond Park in the City of Grand Rapids. The 5K course will feature mowed grass, packed dirt, and gravel. Be sure to check out the course preview video below to get an idea of what XC running looks like! Also new this year is the FREE community 1 Mile Run, which is open to both youth & adults.
For more information on what cross country is, click the "Cross Country 101" section to your left or simply ask us.
How to Register
We tried to make it as easy as we could for you to register and start your team (if you have one). The first person on your team to register has the ability to create the team. From there, that person can share the team name and a link for others to join. We also activated the features that allow you to change your team name and the type of team you have (female, male, coed). We are also happy to help with all of this.
If you don't have a team yet (or don't want the pressure of creating the team name), no worries! Go ahead and register yourself and we can help you unite you with a team later.
When in doubt, ask! Remember, teams can range from 5 to 7 individuals, with only the top 5 places counting towards your score (with any other runners on your team helping to block other team members from securing lower points). Coed teams don't not have a requirement for the number of males or females they have on them, just at least one member of the opposite gender.
For the second year, we will be chip timing this event.
We have youth pricing turned on so anyone under the age of 20 will receive a $10 entry. If a high school team would like to register to participate, email us at email@example.com for a special discount code.
Gazelle Sports generously has signed on board as an Awards Sponsor this year. They have helped us since the first year.
- First Overall Female: $25 to Gazelle Sports
- First Overall Male: $25 to Gazelle Sports
- First Overall Female Masters: $25 to Gazelle Sports
- First Overall Male Masters: $25 to Gazelle Sports
- Middle of the Pack Award: $25 to Gazelle Sports
(given to the person who finishes in the middle of the final order)
- Overall Female Team: all team members receive a $20 to Gazelle Sports
- Overall Male Team: all team members receive a $20 to Gazelle Sports
- Overall Coed Team: all team members receive a $20 to Gazelle Sports
- Overall Masters Female Team (all team members must be 40+): all team members receive a $20 to Gazelle Sports
- Overall Masters Male Team (all team members must be 40+): all team members receive a $20 to Gazelle Sports
- Overall Masters Coed Team (all team members must be 40+): all team members receive a $20 to Gazelle Sports
- Most Spirited Team: all team members receive a $20 to Gazelle Sports
(this will be voted on by the race day volunteers)
The FUN Run Mile participants are not eligible for awards. The FUN Run Mile is also not timed.
Race Day Timeline
- TBA: Bib pickup
- 6:00pm: Community Fun Run Mile
- 6:25pm: XC teams report to the starting line
- 6:30pm: XC race starts
- 7:30pm: awards
We look forward to seeing you on race day!
Bracket/Division Details & Fees:
Activity Starts: - Activity Ends:Registration opens :Activity type:Requires Date of BirthRequires phone number