Dan the Man Run for Recovery is an exciting Run/Walk around beautiful Deer Path Park in Hunterdon County, NJ. This event is in honor of Daniel Snel who tragically lost his life due to an accidental overdose. The addiction epidemic has impacted just about every family in the US, in one way or another. We run/walk to show our support for those who have lost loved ones, for those in need of treatment, for those who have found recovery. The more awareness we can bring to this epidemic, the less stigma there is surrounding it.
A few notes about the trail:
- The trail run starts in the sports field of beautiful Deer Path Park and takes you around the trails
- T-Shirt pick up will begin at 9am, followed by a few short speeches before the run begins at 10am
- Pets are welcome but must be leashed
- The trail could be difficult for strollers but they have been used successfully in the past
- This event is rain or shine but in the event of dangerous weather we will schedule a new date
- Bring the family out for a great day of exercise, support, and community
All proceeds are donated to the Daniel Snel Memorial Scholarship. The Daniel Snel Memorial Scholarship will provide tuition assistance to a graduating senior enrolling in an accredited undergraduate program or technical institute in the fall. The scholarship is awarded to a deserving high school graduate that has been impacted by a family member or friends substance use and has also contributed to bringing awareness and reduction of stigma to the community. The awards are posted each year and winning essays are chosen by the Snel family.