NEW for 2023, our Winter Warriors program has had a facelift! If you are looking for a way to stay active and accountable through the cold winter months, then this Winter Warriors group is for you. Cold-weather running doesn't need to be intimidating, it's really just about having a few key pieces of proper gear and a group to motivate you to get out there. Same motivation and fun, a new level of flexibility to fit your schedule and your needs. Do you have what it takes to be a Winter Warrior?!
Kick-off the 13-week program by joining us on Black Friday (Friday, November 25) to pick up your SWAG Bag. Special shopping deals and our knowledgeable team will be there ready to make sure you have everything you need to succeed at this Challenge. If you are joining the Challenge from outside of the area (more than 45 miles from the store), we will ship your SWAG Bag to you on Monday, November 28.
Starting Sunday, November 27 your goal is to complete a minimum of 2 outdoor runs (or walks) per week of at least 20 minutes each. The runs/walks can be done anywhere as long as they are OUTDOORS. We will be offering a few in-person weekly Fun Run/walks for those who are local and wish to participate however the in-person run/walks are completely optional and are not a requirement for participation. Additional challenge specifics are below.
Optional In-Person Meet-ups for those local to the Fox Valley:
- Tuesday evening Pub Run/Walk at 6:00PM at Mr. Brews Taphouse, in Appleton (it will be dark, night gear required) Organized routes of up to 6 miles.
- NEW Saturday morning Coffee Run/Walk at 8:00AM at The Plaza, in Neenah. This run will Loop the Lake, which is a 4-mile route from the Plaza. CLICK HERE for route details.
Check out the sweet SWAG you get in your Kick-Off Bundle!
- 8.5 x 11 Winter Warrior tracking poster;
- Winter Warrior Keychain;
- Water bottle Sticker; and
- Winter Warrior Beanie.
PROGRAM DETAILS Three emails will come out during the 13 weeks of the Challenge; one at the start of each month (December, January, February). They will be full of tips, additional ways to stay motivated, and various bonus materials, so be sure to review them at the start of each month. They will also include instructions for logging your weekly activities. Logging regularly will give you opportunities to unlock additional benefits of the program, including:
- A Winter Warriors Bingo Card;
- The opportunity to win one of two (2) $100 Fleet Feet gift cards;
- VIP invitations to participate in workout and in-person shopping events.
This program will not include any formal training program or curriculum, it is simply an accountability challenge to keep everyone moving during the cold and dark winter months! All paces and levels including walkers are welcome. Everyone will likely be completing different distances at various paces on their own and during the optional group meet-ups, we love this! We will take a group picture at each meet-up and then everyone can be on their way.
- Early Bird Registration (thru 11/3): $45
- Regular Registration (11/4-11/21): $50
- Late Registration (After 11/21): $55
Already planning to join us? Then be sure to register PRIOR to Thursday, November 3 and join us for our Cold, Colder, Coldest informational/shopping event. Any event attendees signed up for the Challenge will receive a Bonus Gift. Plus, this will be an opportunity to learn and get set up with gear that is most appropriate based on specific temperatures/conditions and see the latest styles.
Challenge Specifics (PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING)
- Please make sure that you are registering with a valid email address, meaning one that you regularly check. We communicate with participants through email, and you will miss important information if you don't see our emails!
- All runs or walks must be completed between the challenge dates of Nov 27 – Feb 28, tasks completed outside of the challenge window will not count.
- All runs or walks must be completed outdoors to count. Treadmills are awesome but c'mon guys, the group is called Winter Warriors!
- Weeks will 'run' Sunday to Saturday and participants must complete the required 2 outdoor 20-minute activities and log them into Run Signup to receive "credit." You cannot skip and then add extra to a different week, it's a max of 2 activities per week that can be logged.
- Detailed instructions on how to mark activities as complete in Run Signup will be emailed in the first week of December.
- Fleet Feet reserves the right to ask for proof of completion for those planning to enter the gift card drawing.
- $100 gift card drawings for those who complete all 26 activities will take place by Friday 3/3.
ONCE REGISTERED: Please share the challenge on your Facebook page.
If you have any questions about the program, your best bet is to email Mariah firstname.lastname@example.org or use the CONTACT US form vs calling the store as we have a large team, and not every employee knows all the specifics about this program.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I am not going to be in town the day of the Kick-Off. Can I pick up my SWAG after Back Friday?
- Yes, any packets not picked up the weekend of November 25 – 27 can still be picked up in store as the program begins. Shipping is also available for out-of-town participants or those who prefer it vs. in-store pickup.
What if I registered and now I can't participate due to injury, illness, or something else?
- We start ordering supplies as soon as registrations start coming in so we are unfortunately unable to offer refunds for any reason.
I thought I entered an activity but for whatever reason, it's not there, can I still get credit for it?
- Unfortunately, no. Part of the challenge is not only completing the activities but also logging them which means double-checking to make sure that they are properly logged. Detailed instructions will be included in your monthly newsletters. Make sure everything is logged properly for the week before going to sleep on Sundays!
Can I participate in the in-person group runs with a stroller?
- Strollers are welcome at both the Tuesday night Pub Run and the Saturday morning Coffee Run. We stay on paths and sidewalks at all times for both, so they are completely stroller-friendly, but please your own judgment & discretion when it comes to pace and temperatures.
Will the optional in-person group runs be canceled due to bad weather?
- Probably not unless road conditions are dangerous for us to be out driving or conditions are really dangerous for running. In most cases though, we will be out there in all conditions!