We are super excited to partner with Brooks for this exciting event which will be completely free for participants thanks to their sponsorship. This event will take place on Sunday 2/12 (Superbowl Sunday) at the Shoppes at South Hills. We have a 1-ish mile loop mapped out and participants can start running at 9 am and will earn a square on our Superbowl poster for every loop that they complete. We will have 3 posters, so 300 boxes are up for grabs and the prizes are pretty amazing. The boards will be set up outside Fleet Feet and you will stop quickly after each lap and write your name on a box. We are limiting the event to 75 participants. If you register and then know you cannot attend, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can open up a spot for someone else.
We will be looking for 6-7 volunteers to help babysit the boards in 30-minute shifts. Volunteers will get a Superbowl box AND be one of the first to snag a new insulated Fleet Feet mug! You can run and then volunteer after or vice versa. You could even run and then volunteer and then go back to running! You can volunteer for up two 30-minute shifts. Sign up on the volunteer tab of this event page!
Prizes: We are giving away over $1,200 in Brooks apparel & gear to the winners. We will pick the numbers in the afternoon before the big game and post the boxes so that everyone can follow along during the game.
Multiplier: Anyone who spends $200+ on Brooks shoes and/or apparel in-store from 2/1-2/11 will have the opportunity to earn a "multiplier" bracelet. The bracelet means that each of your laps will count for TWO boxes instead of one.
Route: The loop is around the Shoppes at South Hills shopping center which is open to traffic. Please use your best judgment when registering minors (also, the prizes are all adult-sized).
Weather: This event will happen snow or shine.
We will have a portable toilet for use during the event and we will also have a water cooler set up near the boards.
Rules and other fine print:
1) Even though this event is free, all participants must register to participate. You won't be able to win a prize if you aren't registered.
2) You must write your first and last name LEGIBLY on your boxes, if we can't read it, you don't win it. Also please try to write the same name on your boxes that is tied to your RSU account and try to avoid nicknames (Betsy for Elizabeth etc.)
3) Some of the prizes will be available for immediate pickup, others may need to be ordered. We will text you with any size requests and update you on how you will receive your prize.
4) The parking lot will be open to traffic all day and you should follow running etiquette by running or walking on the left-hand side when appropriate and being mindful of cars.
5) All laps must be completed by 2 pm as numbers will need to be drawn before the start of the game at 6:30 pm.