Foothills 16K Race Day
This is a 16-kilometer point-to-point style trail run. Participants will run a 0.5-mile section of Sypes Canyon Rd at the start before running the Foothills trail for the rest of the race to the M parking lot where they will enter onto the M connector trail and cross the finish line at Story Mill Park. If you're going for speed, get ahead on this short road section before the bottleneck on the single track. The course is primarily moderately technical single track with rolling climbs through pine forests, open meadows and sweeping views of the Gallatin Valley and mountain ranges beyond. The course climbs a total of 2,020 feet and reaches a maximum elevation of 6,732 feet.
7:45 AM BUSES LOAD AT STORY MILL PARK
9:00 AM RACE START
BEFORE THE EVENT
- If you have COVID-19 related symptoms, please stay home. This includes fever, chills, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, muscle or body aches, nausea or vomiting, cough, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, diarrhea, or headache.
- If you have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please do not attend this event.
- If you are feeling sick prior to the event, please stay home.
- Friday, October 8 at Bozeman Running Company from 10AM - 7PM
- Race morning at Story Mill Park from 7:30AM - 7:45AM
Park at Story Mill Park. From here, runners will take the provided bus shuttle to the start line. The buses begin departing at 7:45AM.
There is no parking at the start line. All runners must take provided bus transportation to the start line, from Story Mill Park. There is no parking or hanging out at the start line if you are not participating in the race as this is in a neighborhood area and congestion must be reduced.
- 1-2 aid stations will be placed along the course.
- If you are passing a runner, please verbally indicate your presence and your intent to pass. It is the responsibility of the runner being passed to step aside.
- Headphones are not recommended. If you have to wear them, please only keep one ear in on low volume or consider open-ear headphones on low volume.
- Please help us take care of our trails. Do not litter and keep your empty gel packets with you until the conclusion of the race.
- Located at Story Mill Park (698 Bridger Dr, Bozeman, MT 59715)
- Results will be posted online by Competitive Timing.
- There will be a trailer located at the start line for you to drop a bag. Please indicate your name on your bag to avoid any confusion picking it up at the finish line.
Consider bringing a coat to wear while you wait to start since temperatures may be chilly with precipitation. You can shed this layer and place it in your drop bag before starting the race.
This event does not offer refunds, rollovers, or transfers.