Welcome to the Frozen Hare 2 Swim and TriFest
Event headquarters will be at Lawrence Park Swim Club, at 293 Langford Rd., Broomall, PA 19008. This is an outdoor heated 25 meter pool. Pool is generally heated to 79-80F.
You'll have the choice of the following events:
SwimFest: 5K, 1K pool swims.
Run: Open 3 Mile run
TriFest (Please note that for multisport events, there are no transition times kept. Only the time of your actual leg is recorded)
Runner's Aquathlon: 1K swim, 3 Mile run
Swimmer's Aquathlon: 5K swim, 3 Mile run
Sprint Tri: 750m swim, 11.8mi bike, 3 Mile run
Olympic Tri: 1500m swim, 22.8 mi bike, 6 Mile run
Swimmer's Tri: 5K swim, 22.8mi bike, 6 Mile run
Sprint Du: 11.8mi bike, 3 Mile run
Olympic Du: 22.8mi bike, 6 Mile run
PLEASE NOTE THAT BIKE AND RUN LEGS ARE 100% SELF SUPPORTED. NO TRAFFIC CONTROL WILL BE PROVIDED AND CYCLISTS/RUNNERS WILL HAVE TO FOLLOW THE RULES OF THE ROAD.
All racers will receive a custom winter knit hat, and a custom French Creek Racing pint glass based on their finish place. Custom awards to top 3 overall and in each age group, in each event.
Our first swim heat will begin at 10:00AM, and heats will continue until 5:30PM (6PM last finish). Swimmers may be required to share a lane with another swimmer.
For those racing in the cycling portion, you may complete this leg on your own. You may complete our prescribed course, or you may complete the distance on your own bike trainer on deck.
For those racing in the running portion, you can expect to self report your times.
REGISTRATION: Pre-registration is strongly advised. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your assigned wave time. Check in at our table and pick up some swag. Swim caps are optional for the swim leg. You should select your wave start time during the registration process.
All racers receive a custom award. No awards ceremony, but awards are available soon after all results are tabulated.
1. 5K Swim will consist of 200 lengths of the 25 meter pool.
2. 1K Swim will consist of 40 lengths of the 25 meter pool.
3. 3 Mile Run course will be on paved roads in the Lawrence Park neighborhood.
4. Runner's Aquathlon will consist of 1K Swim (#2) plus your time for 3 Mile Run (#3).
5. Swimmer's Aquathlon will consist of 5K Swim (#1) plus your time for 3 Mile Run (#3).
6. Sprint Triathlon will consist of a 750m swim, plus your time for 11.8 mile bike, plus your time for 3 Mile run (#3).
7. Olympic Triathlon will consist of a 1500m swim, plus your time for 22.8 mile bike, plus your time for 6 Mile run (2 loops of #3).
8. Swimmer's Triathlon will consist of a 5K swim (#1), plus your time for 22.8 mile bike, plus your time for 6 Mile run (2 loops of #3).
9. Sprint Duathlon will consist of 11.8 mile bike, plus your time for 3 Mile run (i.e. Sprint Triathlon sans 750m swim).
10. Olympic Duathlon will consist of 22.8 mile bike, plus your time for 6 Mile run (i.e. Olympic Triathlon sans 1500m swim).
11. Short course Aquabike will consist of 1500m swim, plus your time for 11.8 mile bike.
12. Long course Aquabike will consist of 5K swim, plus your time for 22.8 mile bike.
THE BIKE COURSE IS 100% OPEN TO TRAFFIC AND INTERSECTIONS ARE NOT CONTROLLED. PLEASE FOLLOW ALL RULES OF THE ROAD! No course markings will be provided, so cyclists should bring GPS directions, or be very familiar with the roads in question. For those wishing not to ride the roads, cycling segments only may be substituted for a stationary ride on your bike trainer. Stationary rides will constitute their own divisions and will be scored separately from road rides. Bike and run legs may be completed at any point on Saturday February 26 (in any order you wish).
REFUNDS: No refunds will be issued. If requested at least 7 days in advance, we will be able to transfer your funds to a different training or race event.
For GPS directions, use the address: 293 Langford Rd., Broomall, PA 19008. There is plenty of parking on site.
Interested in volunteering? We'd love to have you! Please SIGN UP HERE TO VOLUNTEER!
We will have a small amount of food and drinks available, but we do recommend bringing anything you need for yourself. Anything you need, please bring it from home!