Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club
Marathon Training Program
Goal Race: Freedom’s Run Marathon on October 22, 2022
Program Length: 16 weeks
Information Session: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, at 6:00 pm at the Baker Park Bandshell
- Tuesdays: 7:00 pm, Rotating between TJ Middle School, Riverside Park Trail, and Ballenger Creek Trail, Frederick.
- Saturdays: 7:00 am, Various locations in or near Frederick
Coaches: Robert Kelley, Ainsley Cain, John Duffy, Marie Burnett
The FSRC Marathon Training Program is ideal for the first-time or intermediate marathoner, and is a great way to improve your running and meet other runners in our community. Each participant is given a training plan including recommendations for mileage, cross-training, and days off. While some runs will need to be done on your own, volunteer coaches lead group runs twice a week. Group runs are encouraged, but not mandatory. A private Facebook page provides a place to coordinate additional runs with other participants, and get support and advice from more experienced participants and your volunteer coaches. We try our best to answer your questions, or at least connect you with someone who can.
You must be a paid member of FSRC to register for this training. If you are not a member, it's only $20 to join FSRC and you get this training and so much more. Click on https://steeplechasers.org/membership/join/ to learn more and follow the instructions to join. If you think you are already a paid member of the club and you can't register, please check the spelling of the name you used to join the club, using https://runsignup.com/Club/SearchForRenew/668. Once you've joined the club, or renewed your club membership, come back here to register for the training.
Cost: $0 for current Steeplechasers members
To help protect against injury, we strongly recommend you are:
- Consistently running or run 3-5 days a week or more, 15 miles per week, for at least 6 months
- Comfortable running or run-walking 10-12 mile long runs
- Have the blessing of your physician if you have some sort of medical issue that may affect your participation (heart issues, orthopedic concerns, etc.)
MARATHON TRAINING IS FOR OUR MEMBERS 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER
Please complete all steps:
(1) Make sure you are a paid member of the club by checking https://steeplechasers.org/membership/registered-members/. If not already a paid member, you need to join before registering for the training program. You can renew or join at https://runsignup.com/fsrc. Click Renew to renew your membership or Sign Up to join. If you're asked to claim your account, please see https://steeplechasers.org/membership/claim-account-rsu/
(2) Register for the training program by clicking Sign Up link at https://runsignup.com/fsrcmaratraining
(3) Ask to join the FSRC Marathon Training Facebook page. The Facebook page is our primary means of communicating to keep you updated on when and where runs are occurring, to help you find support and get your questions answered by your coaches and fellow participants, and to notify you of cancellations due to weather.