Start date: 04/20/2023
Lace up your sneakers and run (or walk) for good! ACCO's second annual GO GOLD® the RUN officially kicks off May 1st and runs through September 30th! Run one race...or them all...and raise funds for kids with cancer.
Run for Good. Raise Funds. GO GOLD®
With your donation, our nation’s littlest cancer patients and their families have been directly supported and given hope. ACCO is excited to share our “What About Kids?” advocacy program made great strides in 2022. Through ACCO’s leadership and advocate training, $72.4 million in state funding for childhood cancer research was secured across 5 states! Our goal is to secure state-based childhood cancer research funding in 25 states by 2030. Financial support from our donors enables us to expand this innovative childhood cancer research funding initiative.
Donations also provide children with cancer and their families the informational resources needed to understand childhood cancer treatment in age-appropriate, easy-to-comprehend terminology. Education of even the littlest cancer patient is essential to understanding the difficult battle ahead. Our medical play kit provides children the opportunity to practice treatment procedures on ACCO’s mascot “Cozy” to empower them before receiving the treatments themselves.
ACCO is proud to support families with our resources, and we love sharing about the positive impact they have made in the lives of children with cancer.
- Register for GO GOLD® the RUN on April 29, 2023
- Form a team or join an existing one by clicking here.
- Complete a 5K (3.1 miles) or 10K (6.2 miles) at your convenience any time anywhere. Individual month-long races begin May 1st through September 30th.
- Celebrate your accomplishment by sharing on social media and tagging us! #GoGoldwithACCO #GOGOLDtheRUN
How to Complete Your Virtual Run:
- Register for GO GOLD® the RUN and complete a 5K/10K anytime, anywhere. Simply run or walk 3.1 or 6.2 miles any time and any place that works for you. In your neighborhood, your favorite trail, or even on a treadmill! Form a team or join an existing one by clicking here.
- After you complete your 3.1 or 6.2 miles, share your accomplishment and the good you’re doing by posting pictures to social media.
About the GO GOLD® the RUN Fundraiser:
GO GOLD® the RUN is a virtual running series. It gives you the opportunity to help raise awareness and funds for the American Childhood Cancer Organization. ACCO was founded in 1970 by parents of children diagnosed with cancer. It is dedicated to making childhood cancer a national health priority through shaping policy, expanding research, raising awareness, and providing educational resources and innovative comfort programs to children with cancer, and their families.
Don't Forget Your Official Race Merch!:
Once you've registered, head over to our Bonfire store to purchase your official race shirt, performance shirt and tumbler! Get race ready and #GoGoldwithACCO! Please note that all merchandise will ship two weeks after the particular shirt campaign/tumbler campaign closes.
Leave a Comment
You must be signed-in to post a comment for this sportie, or to leave feedback to gamefinder.