Start date: 01/06/2024
Updated 2 years agoonRunSignUp
Hair of the Dog 2 Mile
Brewery 85 Race Series
The Upstate Race Series and Brewery 85 present the annual Hair of the Dog 2 Mile Run! This race will start and finish at Brewery 85 and run an EXTREMELY fast 1 Mile section before looping around confluence center and heading back up to the finish for an ice cold beverage to ring in the new year and cure any resolution hangovers that many of us have!
What is the Hair of the Dog? "Hair of the dog", short for "hair of the dog that bit you", is a colloquial expression in the English language predominantly used to refer to alcohol that is consumed with the aim of lessening the effects of a hangover. Well here at our Hair of the Dog 2 mile race we are going to challenge those of you with a furry friend to a friendly and furry race. Maybe you drank too much last night or maybe your dog is hung over from all the leftover New Year tasty treats! Well come and shake it out and bring in the new year with all of our furry friends.
Upstate Race Series - Upcoming Events HERE
Join us for one of our 30 events throughout the year. With something for everyone we have races that extend throughout the Upstate of South Carolina. From Lake Hartwell through the Foothill Mountain Range. Locations that cover all of the State Park systems into the Streets of Anderson, Greenville, Travelers Rest, and Spartanburg. We have events that offer opportunity to every level of runner looking to take on their next challenge!
Donations & Club Membership Discount - 15% OFF
All club memberships to the Upstate Running Club and/or the South Carolina Ultra Marathon Club fund the Upstate Running Club Youth Team with over 200 members. The club provides FREE training services, training equipment, race uniforms, and comped race entries to our series throughout the year. All donations directly fund the club to help cover the costs of facility rentals, insurance, post practice snacks, team socials, and awards! The program is comprised of athletes of all abilities from ages 6-12 years old
- Upstate Running Club Membership - Sign Up Here
- South Carolina Ultra Marathon - Sign Up Here
What: Hair of the Dog 2 Mile Race
Where: Brewery 85 - 6 Whitlee Ct, Greenville SC 29607
When: January 6th 2024
Packet Pickup: Will begin 1 hour prior to your race start time inside the event center inside the Brewery
Food: Meal Tickets for our Brew and Bite stand will be available during packet pickup and in the Meal Ticket Registration Tab. Menu: Beef Burger or Johnsonville Sausage Dog w/ Chips. Condiments: Pickles, Onions, Ketchup, Mustard, BBQ Sauce
Hydration Station: is located inside the Brewery (no aid stations on course)
Race Day Registration: will be open until the race starts via phone or computer.
Overall Awards for overall will be given out at the conclusion of the event
Fun Run: We will host a 200 meter fun run for kids 12 and under shortly after the 5k start
Age group winners will be recognized and announced 1 hour after the event
Our events Are
Youth 8 & Under Race for Free
Volunteer for a FREE Race Entry or a Future Race Entry by Upstate Race Series - HERE
Meal/Aid Station Prep
Course Map: HERE
The race course is run from Brewery 85 down to the Confluence Center. From There you will complete one loop in a counter clockwise direction before heading back to Brewery 85 for the finish. The first mile is FAST and the last mile is SLOW! The race is stroller friendly, dog friendly, and walker friendly. We do have a 30 minute cutoff for the 2 Mile. This is a cup-less event so the only water available will be provided by Brewery 85 before and after the event.
1 Free Beverage of Choice (21+)
Brewery 85 Crew Socks (18+)
Custom Race Logo Sticker
Upstate Race Series Stickers
Complimentary Race Photos
Custom Race Bib
Raffle Drawing for Run In Gift Cards
Age Group & Overall Winners will be announced one hour after the event
Top 3 Age Group M & F:
Upcoming Events with Upstate Race Series - See Upcoming Races HERE
- 25 Annual Races with a wide variety of events including 5ks, Relays, Youth Events, and Ultra Marathons
Without Limits Coaching - Contact Our Coaches HERE
- Coaching Services that include training plans and/or race specific race plans and consultations for your next event
Upstate Running Club - Join & Donate for $5 OFF 100+ Local Races HERE
- Non-Profit club that funds the Youth Running Club in the upstate with a variety of events and club runs for adult
South Carolina Ultra Marathon Club - Join for 25% OFF Races HERE
- Trail & Ultra running club that helps support its members and races throughout the state of South Carolina
Jay Baker Photography Race Photos - See Photos HERE
- Complimentary race photos, music, and of course engagement with the crowd to bring you to the finish
Go Green Events Timing & Registration - More Info HERE
- Partnering with RunSignUp to bring you an easy registration process and accurate timing on race day.
- Our staff at Upstate Race Series, Upstate Ultra, and Go Green Events is proud to produce 28 events a year for the Upstate Running Club and the South Carolina Ultra Marathon Club. Any participants that are unable to attend, their registration will be donated to our Youth Running Program that offers free training services and racing opportunities for over 200 kids in the upstate.
Leave a Comment
You must be signed-in to post a comment for this sportie, or to leave feedback to gamefinder.