There seems to be a shortage of MTB races this summer. So to fill the void, I present to you... Hell!
Here are the details:
1) You must sign up BEFORE you complete the ride. Times before you sign up will not count.
2) Your ride must be uploaded to Strava for verification. GPS drift happens, so don't worry if it doesn't exactly match the segment.
3) A leaderboard will be kept here.
4) No E-Bikes
5) You must do 3 laps in succession for a total of 50km
6) Prizes for fastest 50km male and female, maybe some prizes for other accomplishments, bragging rights for everyone.
7) Yield to other trail users!
Course: This is probably the hardest XC lap in New England.
This course is no joke and shouldn't be completed by beginner class riders. One lap alone is hard enough, and you need to do 3. Personal opinion is that there is zero need for a dropper post in XC racing. Except for this course. Segments like Mother Tucker, Red Raider and Breeze Hill are like mini enduro segments and you'll wish you had a dropper on those!
The course passes the parking lot, so you can set up a feed zone by your car. You'll need a feed zone to get through this!
After you're done, I recommend Trillium for pizza and beer. It's just down the street. (Food is only available there Wed-Sun FYI)