The official lottery for the High Lonesome 100! This event is where you register for the current year's High Lonesome lottery. If you are selected, you'll be sent a registration invite for the main event. For all the details on how the lottery works please visit our website.
*PLEASE NOTE, ALL LOTTERY ENTRANTS MUST DISCLOSE THEIR COVID-19 VACCINATION STATUS. YOUR VACCINATION STATUS DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR LOTTERY ODDS.*
2022 LOTTERY DETAILS
Lottery registration window: Opens at 12:01am on Monday, January 3rd (2022) and closes at 11:59pm on Tuesday, January 11th.
Lottery draw: Saturday, January 15th at 7:00pm (Denver time)
Entrant cap: 150 runners
Cost: $450 + runsignup fees
- Final pool size is determined on 1/11/2022 after all deferrals and discretionary spots have been confirmed.
- All available slots are split 50/50 between men and women.
Discretionary Slots: Maximum of 24
- Volunteer Slots: 8
- Sponsor Slots: 5
- RD Slots: 5
- Legacy Runners: 4
- Sawatch 50/50 winners: 2
There are 8 runners with valid 2020/2021 deferrals to the 2022 race.
Waitlist: New for 2022, we will now have separate waitlists for men and women. The waitlist will be 100 waitlisters for each gender.
Qualification (no exceptions):
- Finish a 50 mile or 100k trail race between 1/1/2021 and 12/31/2021.
- Finish a 100+ mile trail race between 01/01/2019 and 12/31/2021.
- Reach at least Hancock during the 2021 High Lonesome 100 under cutoffs
Key Qualification Details:
- You must wait to register until you are qualified meaning you cannot enter the race or waitlist until you have completed a qualifying race. No exceptions.
- Qualifying races must be FULLY permitted from all land management agencies. Races that illegally utilize wilderness areas, avoid permitting requirements through <75 capacity, require “suggested donations”, virtual races, and “classic lines” (like Nolan’s 14 or R2R2R) will not be accepted as qualifiers. The permitting process is important for ethical and responsible land management and to manage the increased recreational toll (including from trail races) on our public lands.
- A “trail race” is defined as any race that takes place at least 75% on non-paved surfaces. Non-paved surfaces include singletrack, double track, mining or logging roads, gravel roads, or dirt roads.
- Finish is defined as an official finish as classified by the respective race.
What you'll need to register for the lottery:
- A qualifier (see above)
- A DIRECT link to the results for your qualifier
- If you're claiming trail work hours, you'll need completed trail work forms
- If you're claiming volunteer hours, you'll need to confirm your shifts. We'll email you to start the conversation.
- List how many times you've applied to the lottery
- List how many times you've finished and/or DNF'd the High Lonesome
- List when you were last drawn to the race or waitlist
Bracket/Division Details & Fees:
LotteryActivity Starts: 1/15/2022 17:00 - Activity Ends: 1/15/2022 20:00Registration opens : 1/3/2022 02:01Activity type: Ultra 🏃🏿♂️Requires Date of BirthRequires phone number