Start date: 10/14/2023
2023 Hotcake Hustle
BREAKFAST WILL BE IN PERSON THIS YEAR. EVERY REGISTERED PARTICIPANT WILL RECEIVE A FREE PANCAKE AND SAUSAGE BREAKFAST ON SITE AFTER THE RACE. ADDITIONAL BREAKFASTS MAY BE PURCHASED FOR A MINIMUM $5 DONATION. PLEASE BE PREPARED TO WEAR A MASK INSIDE THE COMMUNITY CENTER ONLY (NOT DURING THE RUN) PENDING GUIDELINES IN PLACE ON THE DAY OF THE RACE.
PACKET PICK UP WILL BEGIN AT 7:30 AM RACE MORNING.
IN PERSON RUNNERS WILL BE DONE AS A WATERFALL START (JUST LIKE LAST YEAR). BASED ON CHIP TIMING EVERYONE'S INDIVIDUAL TIME WILL START AS THEY CROSS THE START LINE AND END WHEN THEY FINISH. THE CLOCK WILL BE STARTED AS A GUIDE FOR SPECTATORS, BUT THE TIMER WILL HAVE THE OFFICIAL TIMING BASED ON THE CHIPS.
MEDALS WILL ONLY BE GIVEN FOR RUNNERS 19 AND UNDER / TROPHIES WILL STILL BE FOR THE OVERALL WINNER FOR MEN AND WOMEN
Comstock Community Center, 6330 King Hwy, Kalamazoo, MI 49048
About This Event
The 11th Annual Sunrise 5K Run is sponsored by Kalamazoo Sunrise Kiwanis. Your local Kiwanis club has been donating to many causes to help educate and keep your children safe for nearly thirty years. Past projects include donations to Burn Camp, The Backpack Program, Dictionaries to Third Graders, and supporting the local Little League just to name a few. Your registration fee will be used to ensure similar programs will continue receiving support from your community. Thank you again for a great twenty years as always the children appreciate your support!
Event Location and Features
- The Hotcake Hustle will be held at the Comstock Community Center.
- The run/walk course will be an out-and-back course on the KRV Trail
- A Pancake Breakfast - breakfast is included for all participants.
The Kalamazoo Sunrise Kiwanis Raffle Drawing - Buy tickets and Win!!
- Raffle tickets are $20.00 per ticket
- Buy a raffle ticket and have a chance to win the following prizes:
- First Prize - (1 Drawing) $1,000.00
- Second Prize - (1 Drawing) $500.00
- Third Prize - (3 Drawings) $100.00
- Additional Prizes - (10 Drawings) $20.00
- **Go to the Event Store on the registration page to buy tickets (Find the Store tab in the registration tool bar - left side of page**
- DRAWING DATE 10/14/2023 (YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE PRESENT TO WIN)
- Packet Pickup - 7:30 am
- Event Start Time - 9:00 am
Registration Fees and Deadlines
- Pre-Registration (Early registration closes October 12th - 11:59 pm)
- Early Runner Registration….. $30.00
- Guaranteed Tee Shirt Deadline (OCTOBER 1ST)
Age Categories and Awards
- Custom trophy for the overall winners
- Medals for top 3 finishers in each category FOR PARTICIPANTS 19 and UNDER
- Male & Female age groups 12 and Under, 13-16, 17-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and Over
Event Timing and Results
Timing will be done by Mac's Sports Timing. Results will be posted at the event and online at www.macssportstiming.com.
Leave a Comment
You must be signed-in to post a comment for this sportie, or to leave feedback to gamefinder.