This year's 5K event has changed some of it's operating procedures to provide a safe environment for all participants, staff, volunteers, and Ocean Grove residents. Some of these changes include a rolling start format, 4-day packet-pick up, no in-person registration and no in-person walk option.
In honor of this year's 20th anniversary of the Twin Towers attack and the heroic dedication of our first responders and medical workers, we are including an additional Honor Ribbon fund drive for the Ocean Grove Fire Department and First Aid Squads, as well as the Neptune PBA. The funds from the purchase of the Honor Ribbons will go to these organizations. Our goal is to raise $3000, which will be split among the 3 first responder organizations. This year's funds from the 5K event will go towards JSAC programs and sponsored events, and historic preservation of the Old Neptune High School.
Other event changes include:
- Online Registration opens 5/29/21 - $30/pp
- Paper registration mailed 6/11/21
- Late Registration begins 7/30/21 - $35/pp
- Last day to register 9/11/21 (REVISED)
- Non-run shirts will be available for purchase through Bonfire.com (link to be posted on the JSAC website shortly) for purchase starting late June and will be available until December 31, 2021. Revenue from the non-run shirts will cover operating costs for the run.
- Awards for top three male and female finshers plus top Ocean Grove resident male and female
- Masks must be worn indoors in all public common areas of the building.
- Masks and waters to be handed out by request on the course - course volunteers will have bottled water at their spots - runners can request
- The Awards Ceremony is TBD as the time gets closer.
- No in-person registration day of race - online or phone only - there will be no onsite registration the day of the event - elite racing will not be logging in registrations the day of. People who do not pick up their packet by Friday night at 7pm will have to check in by Saturday, September 18 by 7:30 am or they will not be able to participate. People who do not register before 9/11/21 (REVISED) are not allowed to participate.
- In-person Packet pick up (September 14-17) will be outdoors in the North Lot and will take place over 4 days. No shows will not receive a refund but will receive a donation letter for tax purposes. Participants must present photo ID at pick up.
- Paperless registration (Starting Memorial Day Weekend) 5/28 at 7am
- Runner's Packets will include Run Bib/JSAC Event 2021 Run shirt/JSAC events program - future programs and events/Packaged snacks/Sponsor materials and promotional items.
Honor Run Ribbons $5/pp - funds will be split between the Ocean Grove Fire Department and First Aid and Neptune Police PBA - Our goal is to raise $1500. Runners can write the name of the person being honored on the ribbon and pin to their race shirt. Will have paint markers on site if needed but we’ll encourage participants to have them completed before the event. A link will be provided shortly to order/purchase.
Bracket/Division Details & Fees:
Activity Starts: - Activity Ends:Registration opens :Activity type:Requires Date of BirthRequires phone numberGiveaway(s): JSAC Run Shirt