This clinic welcomes all women: Cis, trans, and non-binary individuals - instruted by all female coaches and riders.
Below is an example of what you can expect to do at a LEVEL UP YOUR RIDE clinic:
- 20 minutes for a ride to get to know riders
- 5 minutes to break out into 3 groups based on skill level/experience
- (3) 25 minute sessions to do breakout groups that will practice cornering, bike handling, gearing/sprinting
- 20 minutes to do a novice race or group ride to practice skills learned (Wolfpack to mentor riders through technique)
- 10 minutes to do a race debrief, podium ceremony and prize giveaway
What kind of bike do I need?
A road bike is preferred, but any style bike will do.
What kind of helmet do I need?
Any bike helmet will do.
What else should I bring?
A water bottle, sunscreen, sunglasses, and comfortable riding clothes.
Clinic will happen a few days before the American Criterium Cup Bailey & Glasser LLP Twilight Criterium. A criterium is a mass start, multi-lap event contested on a closed course where laps are typically a mile or less and include 4-6 corners. Racers do a pre-determined number of laps or race for a pre-determined amount of time - usually 30 to 90 minutes. Speed, intensity, and excitement are the defining characteristics of criterium racing.