This is a Women's only clinic - instruted by all female coaches and riders.
Below is an example of what you can expect to do at a LEVEL UP YOUR RIDE clinic:
- 20 minutes for a ride to get to know riders
- 5 minutes to break out into 3 groups based on skill level/experience
- (3) 25 minute sessions to do breakout groups that will practice cornering, bike handling, gearing/sprinting
- 20 minutes to do a novice race or group ride to practice skills learned (Wolfpack to mentor riders through technique)
- 10 minutes to do a race debrief, podium ceremony and prize giveaway
Nelson Vails (Retired Professional Road and Track Cyclist from Harlem, NY) will be on hand to answer questions and sign autographs with all clinic participants. Riders and Racers from the Major Taylor Iron Riders and Major Taylor Development Team will be on hand to assist with clinic and answer any questions related to joining their club.
What kind of bike do I need?
A road bike is preferred, but any style bike will do.
What kind of helmet do I need?
Any bike helmet will do.
What else should I bring?
A water bottle, sunscreen, sunglasses, and comfortable riding clothes.
Clinic will happen during the American Criterium Cup Harlem Sky Scraper Classic. A criterium is a mass start, multi-lap event contested on a closed course where laps are typically a mile or less and include 4-6 corners. Racers do a pre-determined number of laps or race for a pre-determined amount of time - usually 30 to 90 minutes. Speed, intensity, and excitement are the defining characteristics of criterium racing.