Lights on Afterschool 5k is an annual fundraiser celebrating Next Level Community Development Center's FREE afterschool and summer program. The annual run/walk is a hallmark of the organization bringing awareness to the importance of after school and summer programming. Funds raised during the run/walk assist in providing a high level of academic instruction, youth development, and college/career readiness activities to youth falling 150% below the national poverty level and at risk of academic failure. The organization's mission is to Educate, Enlighten, and Empower youth and families to make healthy lifestyle choices.
This year we will be debuting our Fun Run for ages 11 and under. This 1 mile run will include candy, fun and costumes!
If you would like to register for the races, please register before September 18, 2022, to be guaranteed a t-shirt. Online registration is $30.00 for the 5K and $15.00 for the Fun Run. Paper and same day registration fees are $33.50 for the 5K and $18.50 for the Fun Run. If purchasing with a debit or credit card please add a $1.00 processing fee which will total $34.50 for the 5K and $19.50 for the Fun Run.
If you would like to show your support by donating, please click "donate" above to make a one-time donation or to become a sponsor.
Pre-packet pick-up will be Thursday, October 6th from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and 4:00p.m. to 8:00pm at Bibb Mount Zion Baptist Church, 3268 Avondale Mill Rd, Macon, GA 31216. You may also receive your packet the morning of the race (October 8th) starting at 6:30 a.m. at Amerson River Park. Race day registration will also open on October 8th at 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
Top 3 overall
1st: $400.00 (male and female)
2nd: $200.00 (male and Female)
3rd: $100.00 (male and female)
1st, 2nd, 3rd Place Male and Female Winners in each age category will win a medal:
70 & up
In-Person Event Cancellation and Change Policy
Please note, you may cancel your registration at any time. There are no refunds. All registration fees and funds raised to-date will be donated to the kids of Next Level Community Development Center.
If you are unable or uncomfortable with attending the in-person event, you may make a one-time registration change to participate virtually. Please note: All virtual registrations after Sept. 23rd will not be guaranteed to receive race gear prior to race day. No refunds, transfers between participants or to a new participant, nor any deferments to a future Lights on After School event will be permitted. All program fees and funds raised to-date will be donated to the kids of Next Level Community Development Center.
- Our staff will wear gloves and protective masks during check-in and registration.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings before the race if picking up your race packet on race day.
- Social Distancing: Please be mindful of social distancing, pre-race and post-race.
- Participants are encouraged to leave 6 feet between each other at all times when not racing.
- Registration tables will be 6 feet apart.
Participant Best Practices:
- We ask that you not attend if you are feeling ill or have flu-like symptoms.
- Do practice social distancing - ensure appropriate spacing between runners; the current recommendation is at least six feet of separation.
- Do avoid close-group selfies.