Get up and get moving! Be a part of the virtual Steam Train Half Marathon and Relay with our Locomotion Fitness Challenge. We've got 13.1 challenges to keep you active. These activities are fun and challenging, but we've got plenty to help keep you motivated. Join the private Facebook Group and share updates and pics as you complete challenges.
The challenge will begin on April 10th and runs through April 23th and can be completed anywhere. You will log each completed task into Run Signup and earn a custom badge for each challenge you finish.
This challenge is Free, but we are suggesting a $35 donation. We are raising money for Community Health Resources (CHR) which helps adults, kids, and families find Real Hope for the challenges of Real Life through an array of community based mental health, substance use, child welfare, supportive housing, foster care, prevention and wellness services and integrated care.
1) Yogi: Take a yoga class, online, outdoors or whatever! Check out the CHR Facebook Page for live yoga on Monday nights at 5:30 pm EST.
2) Nature Lover: Complete a walk or run of at least 30 minutes on a trail.
3) Buddy System: Connect with a friend before, after, or during a 30 minute walk or run. Keep in mind guidelines and please stay socially distant and wear a mask if you're meeting in person.
4) Parks and Rec: Go for a 30 minute walk or run in your favorite park.
5) Time Trial: How fast can you walk/run 1 mile?
6) Butt Blaster: Go for a 20 minute walk or run on stairs or hill.
7) Journalism: Take a 30 minute walk then write about what you saw, either in a journal or on the Facebook Group Page
8) Left Handed: Go for a 30 minute walk or run with at least 3 left turns.
9) Support Local: Walk to a local business like a coffee shop or locally-owned store and show some love!
10) Hydrate: Drink 64oz of water in a day.
11) Two-a-Day: Complete 2 walks or runs of at least 15 minutes in 1 day.
12) Selfie: Take a before and after picture of your 30 minute walk or run and post them to the Facebook Group Page!
13) Flower Power: Take a picture of some flowers while on a 30 minute walk or run.
0.1) Just a Little More: Post on the Facebook Group Page about the challenge