Welcome to the 2022 Second Annual 5K Run for Recovery for the Loudoun Serenity House. We are grateful for your support. As the coronavirus (COVID-19) receeds, we have decided to make the 2022 Run for Recovery a combination of in-person fun run and virtual run.
Pre-Run Packet Pickup: Peet's Coffee in Ashburn on May 13 (7am-9am or 4pm-6pm).
In-Person Fun Run (non-sanctioned run): Algonkian Park May 14 (10am to 2pm), group run at 11am.
Virtual Run: If running on your own, complete your run from May 14 – May 22.
Our biggest priority is the health and safety of the community. Now more than ever we need your support to provide safe, supportive and affordable residential services to women and men striving for their best life, a substance free life, free from dependency on alcohol and drugs.
This run supports both Groups/Teams and Fundraisers. Please consider creating both when you register and use the same name for both to make it clear for others joining you. Groups are a collection of runners participating in the run. Fundraiser is for collecting donations in support of a group or individual.
Join us on our 5K Run for Recovery,
so together we become:
Stronger with Every Mile
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Can I complete the 5K by walking?
- Yes, you can run, walk, bike or swim to complete the "run". We will have a route identified for the in-person run at Algonkian Park on 5/14.
- Is this a "sanctioned" race?
- No, the 2022 Run for Recovery is a fun run. There will not be official time keeping at the in-person run
- When can I run the in-person run at Algonkian Park?
- Loudoun Serenity House will be at Shelter #2 from 10am-2pm. A group run is planned for 11am, but you can run at anytime.
- Will food/drinks be provided?
- Loudoun Serenity House will provide water and light snacks to support runners, feel free to bring a picnic lunch to enjoy in the park.
- Can I bring my dog?
- Yes, Please do! Please follow all park rules and clean up after them too!