So every child has a family & their family will flourish!
- Walk or Run!
- Participate by yourself or with your whole family!
- Raise funds by asking people to sponsor you!
- Two options -- in person at Hadley Valley Forest Preserve (18304 Gouger Road in Joliet) or do a virtual run and choose a route near you!
- All registrants receive a one-of-a-kind LoveMoves.Us 5K performance t-shirt and goodie bag, with finisher medals to the first 150 to cross the line!
LoveMoves.Us vision is to see every family, who chooses to foster or adopt, flourish. The need for families is quite clear. Every child belongs in a family and it's only through family support that children thrive.
Not everyone can foster or adopt, but everyone can do something.
The challenges of overcoming years of institutionalization, neglect, abuse and trauma can be difficult, but there is hope. With the right support, an evidence-based care model, and a network of people who understand the unique challenges of parenting a child who comes from another family, we can help families flourish!
Not only can you help create awareness of the need, but you will help provide community, encouragement and support for vulnerable children and families who foster or adopt.
SET A FUNDRAISING GOAL!
Our goal is $15,000
- Adults suggested goal is $500. Meet your goal and your registration is free!*
- Child's goal is $100.
- Compete for the most amount raised! Prizes will be awarded!
- Ask people to sponsor you per mile, based on time, or to donate any amount!
*Up to $35. Discounts or other coupons or promotional codes do not count toward the refund.
This event is a fundraiser. Your participation provides community, encouragement and support for families who foster or adopt vulnerable children.
The money you raise will fund one of 4 current programs:
- Family Gatherings
- In-person groups with volunteer-led children's programming, catered hot meals, and trauma-informed parenting training.
- Families Serving Families
- Connecting people in the community to surround families in the Chicagoland area with direct service and support.
- Tangible Needs
- Meeting immediate tangible needs quickly & efficiently.
- Online Training & Virtual Parent Discussions
- Practical Parenting Strategies via YouTube and other online panel discussions