LYME IS LOCAL WALK POSTPONED
To our fellow "Lyme is Local" walkers, the Lyme Association of Greater Kansas City has made the tough decision to postpone the 2021 Walk. Due to more Covid-19 cases in the KC metro area, we chose not to put our (mostly) immunocompromised community at further risk of infection. Most importantly, we want to respect your health safety. We strive to make this a great event and want all of those who continue to support us to participate and not fear the current health situation. Please take care of yourselves, stay safe, and we hope to see you all very soon at our next Walk hopefully in 2022! Details to come!
Please know this doesn’t stop our work toward giving out financial grants to those in need in 2021. You may apply at our website at: www.lymefight.info to learn more about it.
If you have any questions please contact us.
Donations still welcome! 💚
Virtual Walker is an option, you can still sign up as a virtual walker wear green and send LAGKC photos of your walk. It is also a great way to make a donation of $20.
We appreciate your love and donations!
Lyme is Local Walk
Location: Berkley Riverfront park Kansas City, MO.
Date: September 18th, 2021
Race start time: 10:00 am
Packet pick up: 9 am
Contact us at: email@example.com or 913-438-5963
PLEASE FOLLOW ALL CURRENT COVID-19 City And State Requirements!
*DUE TO COVID-19 we may have to make changes to this event. Please check with us on race website for updates. We hope to keep the event as an in-person walk, but changes may be necessary.*
Please Wear MASKS and Social Distance!!!
Registration is also Available at the Event on Day of Event
- Costume Contest and Green outfit Contest
Please check out your options:
Become a Sponsor
Become a Fundraiser
The money raised from this Event will go toward grants to help Lyme Patients offset some medical expenses that insurance doesn’t pay.
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) reports that Lyme disease is the fastest growing vector-borne infectious disease in the U.S. More than 476,000+ people report cases every year. Many go undetected!
Here are some facts about Lyme Disease from the CDC:
- Ticks carry over 20 diseases that can cause illness in humans.
- Most people that have Lyme Disease also have co-infections.
- Symptoms of Lyme Disease: disabling fatigue, severe headaches, brain fog, chronic nausea and stomach pain, depression, anxiety, nerve pain, muscle pain, muscle weakness, irregular heartbeat and sleeping problems. The list of possible symptoms is vast.
- Diagnosing can be difficult because it resembles many other diseases and most people do not get a bullseye rash or any rash.
The LAGKC was founded in 1993 and we are a 501 (c)3 charitable organization. We attend health fairs, physician conferences and community events to get more information into the hands of doctors, school nurses, and medical professionals along with the public at large. We hope reach more people with our message of tick bite prevention. Our website continues to educate people in our community and across the country with Lyme Awareness. The Lyme Association is run entirely by volunteers and provides support to all members:
- Our hotline: (913) 438-LYME
- Monthly Support Group Meetings
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our website: www.lymefight.info
- Tick borne illness Information packets
- Monthly newsletter: Prime Time Lyme