THIS RACE WILL BE LIVE! LIMIT OF 100 PEOPLE!
PLEASE READ THE COVID GUIDELINES BELOW HERE AS YOU WILL AGREE TO THEM ON THE WAIVER.
1. Masks are required
2. For families we will request 1 representative pick up all packets and distribute to their family members to avoid multiple people picking up their packets.
3. A word of caution If you have an underlying respiratory or medical condition we recommend you do not participate in the event or participate in solidarity once you have picked up your packet and possibly on your own time.
4. Spectators must remain in vehicles. Give that horn a workout. There is ample parking near Baxter Blvd and Payson Park to see runners go by from inside your car.
5. Limit of 100 people
6. There will be staggered starts (size to be determined based on numbers) for example if we have 40 people and we can socially distance 5 people across the start line we will do 8 different starts to space people.
7. No congregating at the finish area once you have finished and caught your breath you must either cool down or keep walking away from the finish.
MAINE RUNNING HALL OF FAME 5K IN MEMORY OF JULIUS MARZUL (1926-2004)
WHEN: SUNDAY JUNE 6, 2021 5:15PM
FOR WHOM: PROCEEDS TO BENEFIT MAINE RUNNING HALL OF FAME
RACE IS IN MEMORY OF JULIUS MARZUL, A WORLD WAR II VETERAN, AND 28 YEAR RUNNER WHO DIED 100 YARDS FROM THE FINISH OF THE MAINE HALF MARATHON OCTOBER 3, 2004 AT THE AGE OF 78.
COST: EARLY BIRD $20 BY APRIL 1ST $24 THEREAFTER $29 RACE DAY
SHIRTS TO ALL BY MAY 18TH, AWARDS FOR OVERALL, AGE GROUP, AND TEAM CATEGORIES.
COUNTER-CLOCKWISE BACK COVE LOOP STARTING AT BACK COVE SOCCER FIELDS & ENDING AT 84 BAXTER BLVD.
Race Director and Timing: Pine Tree Race Services Owner Tony Myatt Tonedog86@aol.com.
No Refunds. In the event of catastrophic weather, a public health crisis, or extreme events beyond race managements’ control every effort will be made to hold the race on an alternate date. If this is not possible, the race will be transformed to a virtual event where participants run the course & submit their results on their own.
Bracket/Division Details & Fees:
5KActivity Starts: 6/6/2021 17:15 - Activity Ends:Registration opens : 2/23/2021 21:55Activity type: Running raceRequires Date of BirthRequires phone numberGiveaway(s): T-Shirt