This locally managed race offers 2 beautiful courses for the half and the full marathon. Both are relatively flat but incredibly scenic! Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this race is limited to island residents only.
THIS RACE IS A BOSTON MARATHON QUALIFIER!*
*Race and Race Officials do not represent, warrant or guaranty that the results of this Race will be accepted or acknowledged by or otherwise meet the requirements of qualifying times for the Boston Marathon, or any similar road race or event.
These protocols are intended to make race day compliant with Massachusetts’s most current Phase and Step guidelines for reopening. In the event guidance is modified, changes to the protocol (including potential cancellation of the race) may be required.
1. The MV Mini Marathon and Half Marathon is structured with a modified staggered start so that no more than 15 athletes will be starting the race in a given 15-minute interval. All participants will be required to sign up for one of four 15 minute slots with each slot capped at 15 runners.
2. There will be a maximum of 5 officials/volunteers at the start and finish, such that the total number of people present will not be more than 20.
3. Each runner will commence the race individually.
4. Runners are not required to wear masks while running, but must maintain the required 14 feet (as currently required for outdoor sports without a mask) separation from other runners, including when passing. This will also apply when passing volunteers and spectators. No drafting allowed. Masks shall be worn at all other times.
5. There is no race day registration. Race number pick-up will be prior to race day and upon arrival on race day.
6. Anyone displaying symptoms in the week prior to the race will not be allowed to participate.
7. Runners who have completed the race will not be allowed to linger.
8. Race results will be posted online later in the day.
9. No spectators.
● A sanitation table with alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be placed near but socially distant from the Porta-Potties at the start and finish line respectively.
● There will be no bag-drop facilities.
● Runners should bring their own water, as there will be no water stations on the route.
● All participants, volunteers, officials and personal race volunteers (PRVs) must show no signs or symptoms of COVID-19 for 10 days.
● If any individual develops symptoms of COVID-19 during the race, they must promptly inform organizers and must be removed from the activity and instructed to return home. All participants must comply with any Massachusetts travel restrictions in place at the time of this event.
● On race day, runners and PRVs will check in to confirm their participation and will complete and sign a digital format COVID-19 race day pre-check. If any runner answers yes to any of the following questions, they will not be allowed to participate in the race:
- Do you have a new dry cough or runny nose?
- Do you have unexplained shortness of breath?
- Have you had a temperature greater than 101.5 in the past 48 hours?
- Have you had any GI symptoms including diarrhea in the past 48 hours?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who is COVID positive?
- Have you traveled outside the US in the past 10 days?
- Have you lost your sense of taste and smell?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 10 days?
● If runners are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms listed above, they will be required to go
Bracket/Division Details & Fees:
Martha's Vineyard Mini MarathonActivity Starts: 5/22/2021 06:00 - Activity Ends: 5/22/2021 12:00Registration opens : 5/2/2021 00:00Activity type: Running raceRequires Date of BirthRequires phone numberGiveaway(s): T-Shirt
Martha's Vineyard Mini HalfActivity Starts: 5/22/2021 06:15 - Activity Ends: 5/22/2021 12:00Registration opens : 3/2/2021 00:00Activity type: Running raceRequires Date of BirthRequires phone number