One weekend. One team. One Cause. Stronger Together 2021
The purpose of the MCFJC Foundation 12K to Help End Domestic Violence is to raise financial support and awareness for programs and efforts of the Family Justice Center Foundation around domestic violence. This includes supporting wrap-around services for victims of domestic violence and their children and programming to educate teens about healthy relationships and warning signs of teen dating violence. By joining in this interactive and inclusive event, you can make a difference in the lives of those struggling in our community.
This 12K race honors the 12th Anniversary of the MCFJC Foundation. You can help raise awareness, funds and community engagement in October, Domestic Violence Awareness month, to shine a light in the darkness.
Please join us to walk, run, bike, or roll a 12K race anytime from October 1-24, to benefit the Foundation’s mission. All funds raised go far towards enabling the success of this lifesaving work. We are stronger together as a community, supporting those suffering abuse. Don't forget to log your miles or make a donation any time during the month of October. We are so happy to have your participation!
12 Great Reasons to Support the MCFJC Foundation
- Emergency Relief Fund Program (ERFP) providing emergency financial assistance to meet immediate, critical needs that directly impact the safety, wellness, or healing of a victim of domestic violence and/or their children
- Emergency Transportation Rides to victims of domestic violence and their children
- Video Conference Protective Order Program for victims of domestic violence to testify from the safety of the FJC in order to get initial Orders of Protection
- Financial support to the on-site legal providers at the FJC so victims can receive free legal support for emergency protective orders
- LifeLine Financial Emergency Assistance for access to groceries, medication, gas, and other necessities
- Financial Literacy workshops for high school students and victims of domestic violence in shelters each year (financial abuse occurs in over 95% of domestic violence cases)
- Support for the FJC’s Learning Institute to educate the first responders, community groups and teens about issues of teen dating and domestic violence
- A new toy or stuffed animal to each child whose family seeks the services of the FJC for domestic violence
- Support and materials for specialized counseling for children exposed to domestic violence
- Partnerships for children exposed to domestic violence to attend free summer camp
- Twelve years of support for the annual RespectFest conference on teen dating violence for teens, parents and youth care providers
- Support for the annual teen PSA Video contest on teen dating violence
Bracket/Division Details & Fees:
MCFJC Foundation 12K to Help End Domestic ViolenceMCFJC FOUNDATION 12K TO HELP END DOMESTIC VIOLENCE Now is the time to stay active, stay connected with others via social media and safe in person gatherings outdoors, support The Montgomery County Family Justice Center Foundation, and of course enjoy some swag. Please sign up and invite family and friends to join you. The MCFJC Foundation is happy to announce our 12k from October 1-24, 2021 - Domestic Violence Awareness Month. 12K to mark 12 years of support to victims of domestic violence and their children. The purpose of this event is to raise awareness in the community not only about domestic violence but about the catastrophic effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on victims of domestic violence and their children and to raise funds to support them. Walk, run or roll 12k (7.456 miles) and share your progress with our hashtag ~ #MCFJCF12K. Help us get out the word of our mission and event through posting on social media. Feel free to complete and share your 12K and/or make a donation anytime during the month of October, domestic violence awareness month. Your participation in this event supports victims of domestic violence by providing: Pro-bono legal aid Emergency transportation Specialized counseling services Financial literacy training Emergency care kits Diapers and formula Hope for a life free from violence and abuse 2021 Planning Committee Catherine Albornoz Resa Levy Jessica Jones Catherine Leggett Cheryl Kravitz Lisa Mandel-Trupp Eshigo Okasili Kat Posada Alison Praisner-Klumpp Rory Richardson Carrie Sauer Kristy Warren Susan WeinsteinActivity Starts: 10/1/2021 00:01 - Activity Ends: 10/24/2021 23:59Registration opens : 7/30/2021 00:01Activity type: Virtual raceRequires phone numberGiveaway(s): hat