Race Sponsor: Yardley Borough Parks and Recreation Board is hosting the Memorial Main Street Mile. Celebrate Memorial Day with a chip-timed 1-mile race on Main Street in historic Yardley Borough to benefit American Legion Post 317. The Memorial Main Street Mile race will begin at Wells Fargo Bank (225 South Main Street) and finishes at the Yardley Friends Meeting House (65 North Main Street).
Race fee includes a t-shirt to all participants that register by April 22, 2022.
Kids Race: New in 2022, the race will begin at 8:00am with a separate start for children ages 6-14 years of age with additional prizes for first, second and third place based on the following age groups: 6-8 years; 9-11 years and 12-14 years. Children that require adult supervision are welcome to register for the open mile race.
- Exciting News for Kids! Thanks to the generous support of Commonplace Reader, the first 50 kids that register AND complete the Memorial Main Street Mile will receive a $5.00 gift certificate to use at Yardley's bookstore - Register Today!
- Gift cards will be distributed at the race finish - on the grounds of the Yardley Friends Meeting House.
Awards - First Place Overall Male; First Place Overall Female, plus gender specific age groups as follows: 15-19; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60-69; 70 plus. Age group awards for first, second, and third place will be based on net time, not order of finish.
You must finish within 20 minutes for your time to count towards an award. There is a 30 minute course limit for this race.
Walkers and strollers are welcome in this race and we ask that you start at the back.
Memorial Main Street Mile Bib Pick-up: Runners you can pick-up your race bib (and t-shirt if you requested one before April 22, 2022) on:
- Sunday, May 22nd from 9:30am-10:30am after the Yardley 5k Walk and Run in Buttonwood Park
- Saturday, May 28th between 9:00am and noon at the Yardley Farmer's Market in Buttonwood Park. A limited number of t-shirts will be for sale - $10.00.
- Race morning - Monday, May 30 - Memorial Day - between 7:00am - 7:50am near the start line at Wells Fargo Bank in Yardley Borough near the Yardley Train Station.
Runners that qualify with an award-winning time can pick up their medals at the finish line during a brief ceremony after the race on the grounds of the Yardley Friends Meeting House .
Parking for the Mile:
We recommend parking in Buttonwood Park, which is an easy walk from the finish line and a longer walk to the starting line.
Will be available at the start of the Mile Race – inside the American Legion post. Please be courteous and keep to the restroom portion of the building.
A kids division will begin the race at 8:00 am followed by a start for the open mile - all other participants.