PLEASE NOTE THE UPDATED START/FINISH LOCATION:
63 Flansburg Ave
Dalton, MA 01226
The Mount Greylock Century presented by Berkshire Velo features some of the most challenging climbs in western Massachusetts. Riders will be treated to quiet backcountry roads and some of the nicest views in the county. While the north side of Greylock and Kingsley Hill Rd have gained some notoriety, don't discount some of the lesser known climbs such as Monroe Hill, Windsor and East Hoosac. We recommend compact gearing as riders will encounter mid-teens and higher percent grades several times over the course of 12,000 feet of climbing. We believe the route ranks right up there amongst the most challenging centuries in the northeastern US.
Event details: Parking and registration is located at the Shire Breu-Hous in Dalton Massachusetts. Riders are encouraged to start between 6:00 and 7:30 AM. We recommend riders budgeting an additional two hours over their normal century pace. There will be five aid stations located along the route. The ride will be supported until 4 PM.
Post ride: The Shire Breu-Hous has been kind enough to provide riders with a complimentary beer from their tasty selection. They'll be opening the kitchen for us at 1:30 with a post-ride friendly menu that includes burgers, veggie burgers, salads, etc. A nice way to recover a bit before that drive home!
The routes are available in GPX and TCX formats via Ride With GPS
Last minute updates will be posted on our Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/BerkshireVelo/
In order to ensure the safest event possible, we have implemented the following measures:
(1) Strict social distancing and gatherings to less than six will be enforced
(2) Mask and hand sanitizer usage will be mandatory at registration and aid stations
(3) All refreshments will be single-serve portioned and packaged
(4) We recommend maintaining a distance of at least two bike-lengths between riders
(5) Anyone exhibiting even the mildest Covid-19 symptons (fever, cough, fatigue, aches, loss of taste, etc.) should contact the event for a special health-related withdrawal and refund.