Support the Fight Against Skin Cancer
The MSU Gran Fondo is more than just a ride. It's hope for nearly 70,000 Americans expected to be diagnosed with skin cancer this year. 100% of all funds raised goes directly to MSU's skin cancer awareness, prevention and research.
12 Volunteers get a FREE Rider Registration!
We need 12 people who are willing to support the MSU Gran Fondo as a SAG driver during the event. Take a few hours on September 18, 2021 and be part of fighting Cancer! As a thank you, you'll not only get a sweet t-shirt, you'll also get a a free admission ticket for a rider to join the event this year! That means you can fight cancer, give someone a free ticket to ride, AND get a sweet t-shirt and a bicycle bell for yourself!
- WHAT IS A SAG DRIVER? Someone with a big heart who wants to help others ride in the MSU GRAN FONDO by patrolling a specific route in their vehicle and helping participants on the route. You will not provide any medical or mechanical assistance. You will have bottles of water and a few inner tubes and a basic tool box for those who might need a drink of water or out of tubes and need to fix a flat.
- DO I NEED MECHANICAL TRAINING? NO! It's helpful if you are familiar on how to ride a bike and putting the bike onto a bike rack! But you'll not conduct any repair work.
- DO I NEED MEDICAL TRAINING? NO! It's helpful if you have had basic Red Cross training.
- DO I NEED A CELL PHONE? YES! You'll need to be able to contact the SAG Co-ordinator to update them on your location or situation and get direction at all times while on the route.
- DO I NEED A VEHICLE? NO! WAIT, WHAT? If you have a valid drivers license and want to help but short a vehicle, that is not a problem! We'll get you a loaner! Just be ready to help!
- WHEN DO I GET MY FREE RIDER PASSES? We'll send you the information for your guest after we confirm your volunteer registration.
- MORE QUESTIONS? SEND US AN EMAIL HERE!