Get ready for Thanksgiving with a short run through Waveny Park the Sunday before the holiday. 5 km course starting and finishing at the Main House. ChronoTrack B-Tag timing.
COVID19 PROCEDURES (Please read carefully!)
The event will take place on Sunday, November 21 at Waveny Park from the Main House.
Here is how it'll work:
1. There will be NO on site in person registration. Register ahead of time online from this website. Online registration will remain open until after the race window, so you can register Sunday morning before you leave home, or even in your car on your phone at the race site. When you register, be sure to opt in for text messages so you can receive your time right after finishing.
2. There will be no water provided before the race or on course. Runners are asked to be self-sufficient.
3. Please do not congregate near the finish area once you have completed your race. If you want to cool down please do so in small groups, maintaining social distance, and being cognizant of other runners who may still be competing.
4. To help ensure the safety of the participants all participants must adhere to the following requirements:
- Participants are required to be completely self-sufficient. No water stops, refreshments, or medical assistance will be provided.
- Participants must follow all CDC safe distancing guidelines.
- Participants must be in good health and symptom free from any illness for at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Except for passing, participants should always remain on the far right-hand side of the pathway. Participants passing one another on the course must adhere to “no drafting” rules which include being no closer than 10 feet behind or in front of, or 6 feet beside other competitors at any time. Participants may pass only when there are not any oncoming runners approaching from the opposite direction. Before passing participants must be sure they can safely remain 10 feet behind and then 10 feet in front of the participant being overtaken before merging back to the right-hand side of the pathway.
- Participants must follow all instructions of the course marshals and may only cross the Waveny Park driveway at South Avenue when instructed to do so by the course volunteers.
Failure to adhere to any of the stated race requirements will result in the immediate disqualification.
All proceeds benefit the Open Doors shelter.
Bracket/Division Details & Fees:
5k RunActivity Starts: 11/21/2021 11:30 - Activity Ends:Registration opens : 9/18/2021 12:02Activity type: Running raceRequires Date of BirthRequires phone number
VIRTUAL 5k RunActivity Starts: 11/14/2021 09:00 - Activity Ends: 11/28/2021 23:59Registration opens : 10/11/2021 18:11Activity type: Virtual raceRequires Date of BirthRequires phone number
VIRTUAL 1 Mile WalkActivity Starts: 11/14/2021 09:00 - Activity Ends: 11/28/2021 23:59Registration opens : 10/11/2021 18:11Activity type: Virtual raceRequires Date of BirthRequires phone number