Run, Walk, Stroll or Roll Against Bullying!
NOVA is Bucks County’s comprehensive crime victim services agency dedicated to supporting, counseling and empowering victims of sexual assault and other serious crimes, and working to prevent and eliminate violence in society through advocacy, training, community education and prevention programs. Each year, NOVA holds our annual NO BULLying Run, a premier event, which raises funds to help support NOVA’s prevention education programs.
NOVA’s 9th Annual NO BULLying Run will take place virtually from June 1st - June 30th, and together we will collectively run, walk, stroll, or roll 19,392 miles against bullying, with each mile representing one child who will be bullied in Bucks County this year (according to statistics from PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center). We are excited to plan another virtual event that not only helps to spread awareness and address the issues of bullying, but also helps to raise funds for NOVA’s prevention programs.
At NOVA, we believe that education is the key to prevention and for more than 35 years, NOVA staff have been providing FREE prevention education programs to tens-of-thousands of students on topics such as personal safety, healthy relationships, harassment, cyberbullying, and bully-free classrooms. NOVA programs are designed to be innovative, supportive, age-appropriate, and help children and teens build safety awareness, develop self-advocacy skills, and recognize resources available to them.
Although school looks a little different this year, prevention education programs remain essential, and in an effort to reach children regardless of what learning model they are utilizing through their individual schools or extracurricular activities, NOVA educators have shifted many of our prevention education programs to virtual formats. Additionally, educators are placing extra emphasis on cyberbullying prevention programs as the effects of quarantine, stay-at-home orders, and virtual schooling due to COVID-19 have resulted in increased usage of computers, cellphones, social media, and the internet, and according to L1ght, an organization that tracks online hate speech and harassment, this increased usage has led to a 70% increase in cyberbullying in just a matter of months.
How does the virtual run work? Participants may complete their miles all at once or break it up over the month. Every mile contributed toward the common goal of 19,392 miles is one step closer to reaching our goal, whether you choose to run, walk, roll, or stroll 1 mile a day or 5 miles a day (you just need to log you miles HERE beginning June 1st). All participants will have the opportunity to win weekly prizes for logging their miles and for completing family-friendly challenges that will take place throughout June in the event Facebook Group. Standard and Premium participants will have the opportunity to compete for our coveted bull trophies!
Weekly Challenges for all participants:
- All participants are welcome to complete our weekly family-friendly challenges and be entered to win prizes throughout the month of June. There will be four challenges throughout the month, and a new challenge will be posted in our Facebook group on Tuesdays! All participants who respond to the challenge will be entered into a drawing to win a prize!
- All participants who log miles each week will be entered into a drawing to win prizes! Each week, we will randomly select two winners - one child and one adult. Weeks will run from 12:00 a.m. on Monday to 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, with winners announced every Monday starting June 7th. All you have to do is log your miles!
We want to patronize local Bucks County businesses who have supported NOVA over the years, so all prizes for this year's event will come from local businesses in our community so that we can show our support during this difficult year!
Contests for those who register at the Standard or Premium Level:
- We will be awarding our coveted bull trophies in two different categories – those who complete their miles on foot (walkers/runners) and those who complete their miles on wheels (bike/scooter/skates/rollerblades/etc.).
- Log the most miles for the month, and you will win one of our highly coveted pewter bull trophies in your age category! Age categories are as follows: 10 and under, 11-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80 and over. There will be two winners in each age category (participants who complete their miles on foot and participants who complete their miles on wheels).
- We will also have two overall winners! The participants who log the most miles on foot or on wheels during the month will win our unique and highly coveted glass bull trophies!
Girl Scouts who register to participate at any level will earn a stop bullying patch! To receive your patch, please enter your troop number when registering. In order to receive a patch, the Girl Scout must be registered.
- All participants will receive a NO BULLying event giveaway
- The $15.00 Standard level includes a NO BULLying event giveaway and the 2021 NO BULLying Run t-shirt
- The $30.00 Premium level includes a NO BULLying event giveaway, the 2021 NO BULLying Run t-shirt, and the 2021 NO BULLying Run medal
During the first step of registration, participants have the option to register as an individual, create a team, or join an existing team.
Please note that any prizes, bull trophies, girl scout patches, and registration swag will be distributed upon competition of the event, beginning the week of July 12th. Specific dates and times to come! We will offer shipping (for a small fee), pick-up at NOVA's Jamison office, or delivery within a 15-mile radius of NOVA's office. You will be able to indicate your preference when registering. By paying for shipping, you are helping to ensure that more money goes towards NOVA's prevention education programs in the community!
While supplies last, participants will receive bags with swag and items from our 2021 run sponsors!
You will receive a confirmation email once you complete the registration process. We encourage you to post on social media to help raise awareness! Join the official NO Bullying Run Facebook Group to stay connected with our event and the challenges and activities throughout the month, and visit www.novabucks.org for more information about NOVA and our prevention education programs.
Submit miles here beginning June 1st: www.bit.ly/2021NBRmiles
Want to help raise funds for the event? Setup a donation page and become a fundraiser HERE!
Photo Waiver: By submitting or posting photos or videos of yourself or others, you grant NOVA full rights to use the images and any reproductions or adaptations of the images for fundraising, publicity or other purposes. This might include (but is not limited to), the right for NOVA to use them in printed and online publicity, social media, press releases, marketing material, and funding applications.
Please join us in thanking the 2021 NO BULLying Run sponsors! If you are interested in sponsoring the event, please contact Jill Mann at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how you can help support NOVA's prevention education programs.
Bracket/Division Details & Fees:
Free LevelActivity Starts: 6/1/2021 00:00 - Activity Ends: 6/30/2021 23:59Registration opens : 4/1/2021 00:00Activity type: Virtual raceRequires Date of BirthRequires phone number
Standard LevelActivity Starts: 6/1/2021 00:00 - Activity Ends: 6/30/2021 23:59Registration opens : 4/1/2021 00:00Activity type: Virtual raceRequires Date of BirthRequires phone numberGiveaway(s): T-Shirt
Premium LevelActivity Starts: 6/1/2021 00:00 - Activity Ends: 6/30/2021 23:59Registration opens : 4/1/2021 00:00Activity type: Virtual raceRequires Date of BirthRequires phone numberGiveaway(s): T-Shirt & Medal