Old Saybrook Goodwin Gallop 5K Presented by Whelen Engineering
The Kathleen E. Goodwin School Parent Teacher Association is hosting a 5K family fun run to help raise funds for updating play areas at the school while promoting health and fitness throughout the elementary school community.
Donation: Any Amount Accepted
The race will start and end at Goodwin Elementary School and feature a fast and flat course through the Old Saybrook shoreline. Prizes will be given to male and female overall and age group winners.
T-shirts available for the first 50 registrants, don't wait.
Kids fun run will start at 8:30. Course will be two laps around the bus drop off area totaling about 1/4 mile.
5K will start at 9:00. Link to MapMyRun and course description below.
Please arrive early to check-in and get your bib on race day. There will be limited parking at the school and Acton Library. If that is full, there is plenty of on-street parking nearby on Main St.
Please check out our generous sponsors below.
Contact us for additional Sponsorship Opportunities.
5K Course Description
- Start/Finish at the stop sign between the school and the library parking lot
- Go straight up the drive to the exit onto Old Boston Post Rd
- Turn left onto Old Boston Post Rd. Keep left or stay on the sidewalk (This is against traffic, but the road will be closed for the start of the race)
- If you're not already on the sidewalk, get onto it by the time you cross Trask Rd
- Continue across Great Hammock through the crosswalk
- Cross the Oyster River using the sidewalk on the bridge.
- Turn left onto Old Post Rd
- Turn left onto Old Sea Ln
- Continue on Old Sea Ln until you reach the "Y" intersection with Attawanhood Trail
- The Water stop is at this intersection
- Make a very hard right, almost a U-turn onto Attawanhood Trail
- Continue straight/slight right bend onto Nehantic Trail
- Turn right back onto Old Post Rd
- At Rt 1, cross the street onto the sidewalk to cross back over the Oyster River
- The sidewalk will take you back onto Old Boston Post Rd
- Stay right or stay on the sidewalk until you get back to the school parking lot entrance past the sign
- Turn right back into the parking lot
- Continue straight to the finish line