The Pride Ride Bike & Boat is a special edition of our Bike & Boat Friday Night Short Cruises to celebrate Pride Month and is presented free of charge by Adirondack Ultra Cycling, the NYS Canal Corporation and the NYS Power Authority. All are welcome and riders are encouraged to display rainbows and decorate your bikes.
This ride begins and ends at the Adirondack Ultra Cycling Bike Shop, located at: 160 Broad Street in Schuylerville, NY. The ride starts in the backyard of the shop. To access the backyard, please use Beagle Lane, which is off Saratoga Street. Please note that there is no parking in the backyard and the shop does not have a parking lot, but there is ample parking on the street. The shop will be open before and after the ride, in case you need anything, and if you would like your bike serviced before this ride, please CONTACT US as soon as possible to schedule your work.
We will be biking and boating between the shop and Champlain Canal Locks 5 and 6, partnering with MOHAWK MAIDEN CRUISES and Captains Marla and Maria and First Mate Jose, using their renowned Caldwell Belle Paddle Boat. To see the Belle in action, CLICK HERE. The boat is limited to 6 passengers in each direction, so please select either the bike first or boat first option when registering. We have also added a bike both ways option, so that we can accommodate as many people as possible. Bikes of the boat passengers will be transported directly on the boat.
The ride will be an easy 5 miles and the cruise will be a relaxing 45 minutes. If you choose the bike only option, the ride will be 10 miles. We'll ride at a casual pace and keep the group together. The route is mostly flat, with a couple of easy rolling hills and there will be some dirt and gravel roads and paths. All surfaces are hard packed and any bike will be fine.
For those who need a bike, we have a very limited quantity of Cinelli gravel bikes for use. If you need one, please CONTACT US as soon as possible.
• Please scroll to the end to see all of the event notes and the route maps.
• Pre-registration is required for this ride and same day/on-site registration will not be available.
• This event is subject to weather and canal conditions and inclement weather or poor canal conditions may cause this event to be postponed or canceled.
• Motorized bicycles of any kind, including all types of e-bikes and pets are prohibited from our events.
• Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and all children must ride their own bicycle or ride on a tandem or tag-along. No children in trailers or child carriers will be allowed. Each child must also be registered individually.
• All participants must arrive with a bicycle in good working condition and a certified helmet that must be worn at all times while on the bike.
• Please arrive no later than 30 minutes before the start time to check in and get ready, so that we may leave on time and not miss the boat.
• Snacks, drinks and a tour guide will be provided.
• For more information or if you have any questions, contact the Event Director, John Ceceri, at: 518.583.3708 | email@example.com.
COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS GUIDELINES:
• COVID precautions are still be in effect and considering the spike we are experiencing in this area at the moment, we suggest the utmost caution for a safe event.
• When gathering outside, riding or on the boat, masks are recommended, but at your discretion. When going indoors, masks are highly recommend, whether or not the establishment requires it. When entering the bike shop, masks are required.
• We will have masks and hand sanitizer at the start for anyone that needs anything.
• If you can not or will not follow these guidelines, or if you are sick or not feeling well, please stay home, as you will not be allowed on this ride or in the bike shop and will be asked to leave immediately.
START DATE: June 24th, 2022
START TIME: 5:00 PM
DISTANCE: 10/5 MILES
START: ADIRONDACK ULTRA CYCLING BIKE SHOP | Schuyleville, NY | DIRECTIONS
CHECK-IN, REGISTRATION & INSPECTION: Opens 1 Hour Before Respective Start Time
SUNRISE: 5:16 AM
SUNSET: 8:38 PM
can not or will not follow these guidelines, or if you are sick or not feeling well, please stay home, as you will not be allowed on this ride or in the bike shop and will be asked to leave immediately.
ROUTE MAP BIKE FIRST
ROUTE MAP BIKE BACK
ROUTE MAP BIKE BOTH WAYS