What : One Walk, Big Strides for Autism is a walk to raise funds for programs that provide support, education, and activities for those on the spectrum and their families in south central and southwestern Wisconsin.
Our goal is to raise $30,000 to help local families!
But it's more than a walk, it’s a celebration!
When - April 17- April 25.
There will be a virtual kick-off celebration on April 17 and a virtual closing celebration on Sunday, April 25. You have 1 week to walk one mile, a half mile or whatever you choose.
Where - Around your neighborhood, at a local park or on a country trial. You can walk wherever you feel comfortable.
* Remember to wear a mask and social distance where appropriate!
Why: According to the CDC 1 in 59 children are diagnosed with Autism. These families need access to information, education, resources, and support from others who have shared life experiences. The mission of ASC is to improve the lives of those affected by autism spectrum disorders throughout the lifespan. We are dedicated to improving the lives of all who are impacted by autism spectrum disorders by providing information, resources, and support, while raising awareness and acceptance in our community.
Make it fun!
- Dress up and make your walk a celebration-parade by wearing your favorite outfit that best showcases your uniqueness.
- Make a sign, bring balloons, and make it a party.
- Share pictures or videos with us on social media using the hashtag #onewalkbigstridesforautism.
- There will be prizes for best outfits and top fundraisers!
Make a difference!
- Create a team and invite your friends, family, and coworkers to join you!
- Join an existing team: Know anyone with a team? Join it! The more, the merrier!
- Become a fundraiser: Set up your own fundraising page, set a goal and share your personal story on social media.
Bracket/Division Details & Fees:
Virtual WalkThis will be a virtual walk. Kickoff will be Saturday, April 17th, at 1 pm on our Facebook page. Walk anytime between April 17th and April 25th. Closing ceremony will be Sunday, April 25th, at 4 pm on our Facebook page. There will be prizes for top fundraisers! During the registration process, you will be able to set up your own fundraising page or join your team's fundraising page. Entry fees: Individual: $20 adult, $10 child age 3-17, free for children age 2 and under Teams: $15 per adult team member, $10 per child team member age 3-17, free for children age 2 and under. The walk will say $20 per person, but if you go down to "Would you like to join a Group/Team?" and join or start a team, your entry fee will go down to $15 before you pay at the end of the registration process. For teams of four or more, team members will have their team name printed on their t-shirts!Activity Starts: 4/17/2021 13:00 - Activity Ends: 4/25/2021 16:00Registration opens : 2/1/2021 01:01Activity type:Requires phone numberGiveaway(s): T-Shirt