Run Route 30 through Pennsylvania! This challenge is to run all or part the length or Route 30 through Pennsylvania over one month. Sign up for various distances as an individual or a team and log your miles for the 30 (+1, because Rt. 30 in 31 days doesn’t sound as cool) days of December. Miles can be covered via any physical activity- running, walking, biking, swimming, skiing, etc.
- PA Team Challenge: Cover the entire length of Rt. 30 through PA, 333 miles. Sign up as few as 2 team members or as many as needed to complete the distance in 31 days.
- Out and Back Team Challenge: Double up and cover 666 miles, the length of Rt. 30 through PA twice. Sign up as few as 2 team members or as many as needed to complete the distance in 31 days.
- 30 Miles of 30: Sign up individually and cover 30 miles in December. Whether you walk a mile a day or take one 30 mile bike ride, just cover the distance however you enjoy moving!
- Circle Philadelphia: Sign up individually and cover 76 miles, the perimeter of Philadelphia, in December.
- Consistency Challenge: Whether signed up for a team or individual option, add the challenge of logging distance every day of December. Get some physical activity in every day, whether you cover one mile or ten.
As of 2018, only 5% of active physicians in the United States identified as Black or African American, and 5.8% identified as Hispanic. These numbers are not reflective of the general population where 13% identified as Black or African American and 18% identified as Hispanic during that same year. People of color are greatly underrepresented in health professions. Systemic racism and economic disadvantages create barriers to higher education required for these fields. While there is no one solution to addressing this disparity, Neumann University DPT students want to take action. We are creating a scholarship fund, in conjunction with the Urban League of Philadelphia, for students of color that are pursuing secondary education in Health Sciences. Race proceeds go directly to creating these scholarships, the more money we raise, the more students we can support!