The Parade 5,000 race runs the Elkhart County Fair Parade route with thousands of spectators. Temperatures are usually very warm. Be sure to hydrate the day before and morning of the race if hot temperatures are forecast. We recommend that all competitors have trained prior to this run and are able to complete the 5K in 50 minutes or less. The Parade will follow the last runner on the route, which is why we need competitors to finish in a timely manor. Respectfully, this event is not intended for casual walkers or anyone that will have difficulty finishing the course. Running with strollers is acceptable, but please no pets. Costumes are also always fun to see!
- Race shirts are given to the first 200 entrants.
- Top male and female winner will receive $100 towards tennis shoes donated by Woldruff's Footwear in Goshen.
- Check-in will take place at Corporate Tent 1 located on the northeast end of the fairgrounds, directly north of the race track (near gate 5) the day of the race from 10am-1130am. This is is when you will pick up your race shirt and race number bib. You must pick up these items prior to the race to be able to participate.
- All registered runners will be bused to the starting line at Rogers Park by Cardinal Buses. Those without the current issued Parade 5,000 race number will NOT be allowed to use the transportation provided, nor run in the race.
- The race itself begins approximately at 1:20 pm or whenever the race route can be completely cleared.
- Two water stations are available during the route, as well as ice towels at the finish line supplied by Wellpath.
- Results will be displayed at Wattsmytime.com & www.runsignup.com
- Sponsors: Woldruff's Footwear (New Balance), Penguin Point, Chippewa Spring Water, Cardinal Buses, Cintas Uniform Rentals, Maple City Dispensing, BOYD Corporation & INTransport Company, Quality Drive Away, Foremost Transport, Wellpath.
*Bandits will not be tolerated! -all participants must be showing their official race number to start the race. Race organizers will be checking to ensure the race is fair to all participants that sign up officially.
*A youth mile fun run may take place on the horse track before the finish of the Parade 5,000 race, but is separate from this event. Those interested should visit 4hfair.org & "Competition Events" for more information.
We sincerely appreciate all of you that have properly supported this race over the years or for the very first time!