Prepare for takeoff! Join us for a VIRTUAL 5K charity run/walk/bike around Northeast Philadelphia Airport (PNE); the choice is up to you! Hosted by Johnson, Mirmiran, & Thompson (JMT), in partnership with March of Dimes and the City of Philadelphia Division of Aviation, participants will get to experience running virtually on multiple runways and taxiways throughout the airfield. The charity race is a “Fund the Mission” event for the March of Dimes Transportation, Building, & Construction Luncheon, held annually at the PA Convention Center.
Let's switch up our normal routine & take it to the airfield! Check back in the week of the virtual race (October 17-October 23) for a video that will take you along the 5K route! The narrated video for at-home running or stationary bike will simulate an actual race throughout PNE. If you plan to run/walk outside, feel free to watch the video before or after! This event is flexible! Complete your 5K anytime during the week of the virtual race!
How to Sign Up:
- Click "Sign Up" under Events section above and fill out required information.
- Check "Yes" when asked "Would you like to join or create a Group/Team?" This will help us keep track of which organization raises the most funds!
- When selecting your Group/Team you can either: 1) Join an Existing Group/Team. Check out the existing company teams in the drop down menu. If you see your organization, join that team! OR 2) Create a New Group/Team. Please create a new team for your company if it is not an existing option.
- The "Donate" section is for any participant who would like to contribute more than the $25 sign up fee. This is optional.
- Complete your race anytime between Sunday, October 17th - Saturday, October 23rd
How to Upload Results:
Upload results by Wednesday, October 27th at 11:59 PM. How to upload results:
- Log into your Run Signup account, navigate to your profile via the menu under the profile icon, scroll down to "Upcoming Races" and click on "Submit Virtual Results", then submit results on the results page.
- To see all race results, navigate to the race website. Click "More" at top of page, then select "Results."
- All participants will receive a T-shirt (if you sign up by October 8) and finisher medals courtesy of H&K. Both items will be delivered to your company/organization.
- The organization who raises the most funds will not only receive bragging rights, but also a visit from Mayor Jim Kenney! Winners will be announced by October 29!
Please share this event with others!