HAWAI’I CYCLING CLUB
PROLOGUE TRAINING TIME TRIAL (PTTT)
FEBRUARY 25, 2023
On Saturday, Saturday February 25th The 12th Annual Prologue Training Time Trial, a short 10 mile training time trial, kicks off Hawaii Cycling Club’s 2023 series of events.
The 10 mile Prologue Training Time Trial is designed for seasoned racing cyclists, as well as beginners to bicycle racing.
The Regular HCC Training Time Trial Format (starting the slowest riders first and ending with the fastest riders) will be used.
REGISTERED CYCLISTS WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL ON Friday, FEBRUARY 24TH WITH UPDATED INFORMATION.
Pre-Registration Is Required! No day of race registration!
Pre-registration: Begins January 29, 2023 and ends February 21, 2023 on bikereg.com/prologue2023.
Pre-registration at bikereg.com/prologue2023.
A HCC membership is required. If you are not a HCC 2023 member, you will be able to purchase a one year $20 2023 membership or a one day $10 membership during the registration process. There is a free membership for K-12 students
Parking: Parking and helmet number pick up will be on Pukiawe St., off of Hwy 19 and off of Kaiminani Dr.
Participants will be notified of their race numbers and race updates by email on Friday, February 24, 2023.
TIMING: HCC race officials will be using webscorer.com, which requires entering race participants’ information prior to the event. One of the benefits for competitors is within a few minutes after completing the race, they will be able to view their results at webscorer.com/hawaiicyclingclub.
Another benefit is timing of individual competitors begins when the racer starts, whether it is exactly 30 seconds after the previous starter or a second or two more or less than the previous starter and ends when the racer crosses the finish line.
AFTER THE PROLOGUE: The famous HCC Talk Story Station will be setup at the Scenic Overlook approxiamtely 1 1/2 miles North of the Prologue Finish Line.
SPONSORS: Remember to support HCC’s great sponsors: Bike Works, Kaiser Motorcycles, Metzler Contracting, and Bike Works Beach and Sports.
FOR NOW THE FOLLOWING WILL BE IMPLEMENTED:
- START ORDER: The faster riders start last and the slower riders first.
- Stay as far to the right as is safe to allow faster riders to pass safely.
- Pick up helmet numbers/sign in: On Saturday February 24 between 6:50 - 7:10 AM on Pukiawe St. off of Kaiminani Dr.
- Place helmet numbers as near the center of the helmet as possible, allowing the Spotter before the finish line to read the numbers as early as is possible.
- Pre-Race Meeting: 7:15 - 7:20 AM on Pukiawa St.
- Pre-Race: Photo: 7:21 AM
5. START Line up in helmet number order: 7:25 AM on Kai’minani Dr.
6. START: 7:30 AM on Kaiminani Dr.
7. Each competitor after 1st racer will start at a minimum 30 seconds after the competitor in front of them. The start time interval could be longer at the Starter's discretion (Something always comes up to disrupt the starting process requiring the starter to take additional time to start a cyclist in an orderly and timely manner).
8. START LINE: The PTTT starts on Ka'iminani Dr. about 200 feet Mauka of the Queen Ka'ahumanu Hwy.
The Start line is at the Utility Pole on Kai’minani Drive where the Turn Off lane begins.
The turn from Kaiminani Dr. onto the shoulder of the Hwy is 90 degrees. Stay to the right of the white line. Watch for cyclists riding north and also entering the shoulder.
9. NO DRAFTING: KEEP 4 BIKE LENGTHS BETWEEN CYCLISTS.
Your opinion on Prologue Training Time Trial?
Leave a Comment
You must be signed-in to post a comment for this sportie, or to leave feedback to gamefinder.