2023 PVA’s Pocahontas Off-Road Cycling, Spring Camp
Camp dates: Thursday April 12 - Sunday April 16, 2023
PVA is calling on all Paracyclists to join our sports and recreational team at Pocahontas State Park in Chesterfield, Virginia, where we will be hosting an exciting off-road cycling camp. This location offers some of the best adaptive off-road trails out there, and it is conveniently located just 20 miles from downtown Richmond.
- We can support up to 20 qualifying Veteran and, priority will be given to those cyclists with their own Off-Road Bikes.
- There are a limited number of loaner Off-Road Paracycles available for issue, but you must acknowledge your need
to access them.
- All training rides will start at Pocahontas State Park, 10301 State Park Road, Chesterfield, Virginia 23832
- All participants must:
- Be independent in their activities of daily living
- Use their own cycling helmet.
- Nearby Lodging accommodations:
- Homewood Suite by Hilton, 12810 Old Stage Rd, Chester, VA 23836. (804) 751-0010
- Holiday Inn Express, 1901 W Hundred Road, Chester, VA 23836. (804) 751-0123
- Limited accessible hotel rooms are available.
- All participants will automatically be assigned a roommate. If you prefer your own room, please alert Peter Park as
soon as possible.
- PVA will cover the total cost of the room for two qualifying Veteran participants to share a room.
- PVA will only cover half the lodging cost for qualifying Veteran participant who want their own room.
- Lunches & Dinner to be provided and breakfast is supplied at the hotel daily.
- Those using loaner equipment are accountable for any damages due to negligence.
- Peer-to-Peer Instruction on Downhill Trail, Cross Country, and Maintenance will be covered.
Application period will close on Mar 31, 2023