Red Coyote’s 15 week Half/Full Marathon Training Program is designed to help you train for the 2023 OKC Memorial Marathon but can be used to train for any spring half or full marathon. Whether you're attempting your first or shooting for a new PR, all abilities are welcome! The 14-15, 15-16 and walking pace groups are exclusive to the Half Marathon distance due to the race time cut off. In our Red Coyote program, we think sharing the training journey with friends working to achieve a common goal is the best part and makes every run more fun! We'll help you achieve your goal safely by a gradual and strategic increase in your training mileage. We give instruction on proper hydration, nutrition, injury prevention, running form, training principles, as well as other areas to help you have a successful race. We have over 60 experienced pace group coaches who will support you and keep you motivated!
Registration and Cost
Our 15 week program is FREE again this season! You'll receive a welcome email, training handbook and link to the Facebook page in early January a couple weeks prior to the start of training. There are no preordered training shirts this season, but there will be some great merchandise available at a later time!
Train with the Pack
What does Train with the Pack mean? A supportive, fun, and diverse group and pack coaches to keep you motivated!
• Coached Sunday morning 6:00am/6:30am group long run/walks and Tuesday 6:00pm evening tempo/hill workouts
• Motivational and educational materials provided by pace group leaders and peers
• Weekly training schedules and routes
• Exclusive offerings for training program participants with community partners (free yoga classes, cross training, physical therapists consults, etc.)
• Post Memorial Marathon Party
• Lots of fun, new friends, social gatherings, and celebration!
Come to one of our two informational meetings, each meeting will last approximately 30-45 minutes, or until all questions have been answered. The first meeting on 12/28 will also have a Zoom option for those unable to meet in person.
• Wednesday, December 28th at 7:00 PM at Red Coyote Edmond (In Person and Zoom)
• Monday, January 9th at 7:00 PM at Red Coyote Classen Curve (In Person Only)
There will be a meet and greet for all participants on Tuesday, January 10th from 7:00pm to 8:00pm at Red Coyote Classen Curve. This is a great chance to meet the coaches and fellow participants!
The kickoff workout will be Tuesday, January 17th at 6:00pm at Red Coyote Classen Curve. All Tuesday runs will begin at 6:00pm in rotating locations.
Our first Sunday morning group long run will be at Red Coyote Classen Curve on January 22nd at 6:00am/6:30am. Those training for the full will start at 6:00am and those training for the half will start at 6:30am. The majority of Sunday runs will start at Red Coyote Classen Curve, but there will be a few field trip runs from other locations.