If you're making the leap to the half-marathon distance (13.1 miles) and looking for encouragement and guidance to get across the finish line, we're the group for you. And if you're a seasoned runner or walker who can already complete 13.1 miles, we're here to help you improve on your time and performance with a structured and organized training plan within a socially minded, fun environment. Whatever your goal, experience level, or pace, our coach-led group program has got you covered.
Why Train with Us: Training with a group is the best part! In addition to detailed training plans, each program incorporates educational components, speakers, weekly email communication, and expert coaching, mentoring, and pacing to help inspire and motivate you along the journey.
Base Mileage Recommended: This is an accelerated training program; its length is shorter than the typical half-marathon build-up. To assure you stay healthy and injury free throughout the season, we recommend you have an existing fitness foundation of a 4 weekly long run and a 10 – 12-mile weekly average coming into the program.
NOTE: All participants registered by March 15, 2022 will receive pre-program build-up schedule to work on individually to help prepare for the first group workout. Due to the duration of the training program, those new to the distance or who have taken time off over the holidays are strongly encouraged to register by March 15, 2022.
What You Get
- Program Technical shirt
- A 10-week coached and organized training program
- Onsite (HFM Harbor Town Campus) Kick-Off Party Wednesday, April 6 at 6PM followed by the first workout
- First group workout is Wednesday, April 6
- Two group runs per week
- Wednesdays @ 6:00 PM from HFM Harbor Town Campus, in Manitowoc
- Saturdays @ 7:00 AM from Lincoln High School, 1433 S 8th St, in Manitowoc
- Weekly newsletters with motivational and educational content, special offers & more
- Consistent training format, making time for weekly warm-ups, strength, and cool-downs
- Sampling of nutrition and hydration products, wear tests, promotions, and giveaways
- Pacers on runs to help you stay on track
- 2 program plan options to follow to prepare you for the 2022 Maritime Half-Marathon
- Several ‘field trip’ opportunities to preview the goal race route
- Access to the Running Club Coordinator, head coach & mentors and extended Fleet Feet Team. We are here for you!
2x Weekly Group Runs:
- Wednesdays @ 6:00 PM from HFM Wellness Center (Harbor Town Campus), in Manitowoc
- Saturdays @ 7:00 AM from Manty Pier (parking lot for lighthouse), 495 Maritime Dr., in Manitowoc
Program Duration: April 6, 2022 – June 12, 2022 (10 weeks)
Target Race: 2022 Maritime Half-Marathon, Sunday June 12, 2022
Cost: $80 for HFM Wellness Center Members, $95 general public